X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamsonFCDES
    replied
    Awarded last week.

328,000 for new repearters, some mobiles, hand 36 hand helds, all P25 for a 4 county retiong (8000 square miels) with IIRC 8 VFDs.

All of the firt out and command vehicles will get the mobiles, something like 7 repaters will be updated across the 4 conties, and everybody will have at least a few P25 hand helds.

Mutual aid should now be interoperable at the higher ICS levls with dicimination and tac channels covering the raging hoards...er, I mean strike teams.

Leave a comment:

• fyremanbob
    replied
    Accepted a reduction

DHS will not fund our new radio base towers in our regional comm grant. Reduced our potential award from 520k to 375k. But if this goes we will still be getting new pagers, mobiles and portables along with dispatch center upgrades. Said they couldn't justify cost benefit of upgrading dispatch and a few departments with towers. FYI for others

bob

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Got the call from Congressman Blunt and Senator Bond today, $89,665 for bunker gear, SCBA, and RIT packs.

Leave a comment:

• FFF1607
    replied
    Got mine Friday. No phone call but got the email! Congrats to everyone else and good luck to the ones still in the Limbo club.

Leave a comment:

• clayton10
    replied
    Got the call from the congressman yesterday $228,000 regional communications grant 4 for 4.
    2003 NFPA 1901 Pumper
    2004 Air compressor, fill stations and extrication tools
    2005 SCBA , Turnout and washer

Coagulations and good luck to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Willie
    replied
    Got the award noitce this morning..makes us 2 out of 3 for applications....Congratulations ot the other awaed winners today!

Leave a comment:

• WJVaughn
    replied
    Originally posted by gefd901 View Post
    Got a call from Congressman Tanner's office yesterday. Looking for official notification Friday for a mobile live fire training simulator. The training programs at the GEVFD and in T County are going to see some significant improvements!
    Still waiting on the Congressman's office to call me. Congrats toyou.

Leave a comment:

• kramelop
    replied
    A few good years!!

Just a quick visit to say hi... Just took possession of our new Holmatro extrication gear purchased by our 2006 award... this makes 4 of the last 5 years that our rich Uncle Sam has been good to us with the fire grant. I think between this and a Homeland security grant, we are now in excess of $400,000. The biggest problem here has been getting our town, namely the officials, to recognize the legwork put into the grant submission process.

Leave a comment:

• vol901
    replied
    Received our Grant Package this morning for $78,414 for 11 new CBRN SCBA's with 22 facepieces, RIT Equipment, PosiChek 3 and FitTester 3000.

The only question I have for the experts is: They reduced our Grant $2700 for the respirator fit tester, but they applied it to the PosiChek 3. Is it to late to try and get them to reverse this?

Anyway congrats to all the other winners today and thanks to all the people on the forum for hours of enjoyable reading.

I guess its time to start buckling down on 2007 AFG and CEDAP.

Leave a comment:

• rescuetech275
    replied
    Afg

Received a call from Sen. Cornyn yesterday. We should receive grant package on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• gefd901
    replied
    Got a call from Congressman Tanner's office yesterday. Looking for official notification Friday for a mobile live fire training simulator. The training programs at the GEVFD and in T County are going to see some significant improvements!

Leave a comment:

• LFD2203
    replied
    Got a call from our local Representative yesterday. Looking for the formal announcement Friday.

Leave a comment:

• WJVaughn
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    I second the free drink motion. After all, how are we supposed to do the Limbo without rum drinks?
    Yea Verily Brother. Preach ON. More Rum you Bum

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    I second the free drink motion. After all, how are we supposed to do the Limbo without rum drinks?

Leave a comment:

• chief1120
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    It would change to show the 2006 # along with the prior award #. And you'd be getting the 10 Q email within a few days of the 2006 # appearing. If you haven't been denied, and haven't seen the 2006 #, welcome to Limbo.
    I also belong to the "Limbo Club" , what great club, free stress, free unlimited email checking, free 1199a checking. What more can you ask for in a club. If you would only get a free drink for each time you check to see if the 2006 (1199a) would appear . To all the club members, let's all hope that we get notified one way or another so the doors to the club will be closed for another year.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X