No announcement yet.

The "REAL" celebration thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rechecked ours also-zilch. Ho-hum, waiting game. We're still spending the last one so I'm not gripeing too loud.

Comment

OMB and DHS

I just recieved a call from my congressman's office this afternoon. They wanted to give me an update on where everything was at regarding our AFG application. Well there is good news and bad news. The good news is that they informed me that our grant app. has been looked at several times which they feel means it might be awarded. He informed me that is what has happened in the past with the program. Now for the bad news. He informed me that the funding for the AFG is being held up by OMB at the request of DHS. So no NOFA right now. I was informed that it may not be until the end of the year or even up to 6 months before the awards start. There is suppose to be a meeting in Washinton on Wed. about this, and the rep from the congressman's office will call me and let me know if/when they will start the award process. I was informed that if we are going to be awarded a grant for an apparratus that a grant manager will call and go over the cost increases and for us to obtain a revised amount and that the amount of the grant may be changed accordingly in order to be able to purchase the vehicle. However that would also mean an increase in our matching funds.
      This is basically what I am aware of this afternoon.
      Good luck to all!
      sigpic
      "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Comment

With this type of news, the stress level of alot of folks will sky rocket. The delay in awards will have ramification across the board in regard to price increases. With the implementation of NFPA 1971, PPE prices will increase. Hopefully, the AFG will set a new threshold limit for turnout gear.

At this point in time I believe that the DHS/AFG should follow the lead of HDERPM & RKB and provide some accurate info on the forums. Either dispell the rumors or provide an update on what is actually happening. This way departments can plan accordingly. If departments have to wait 6 more months (February) for awards (I don't believe it will happen) how are they supposed to get ready for the next round in March.
        Last edited by onebugle; 08-21-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

10 Q's for SAFER are going out.

Word is 70 apps should make up the first round when announced.
          Brian P. Vickers
          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
          Emergency Services Consulting
          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Hey Brian,

I'm a little confused here; how can SAFER be awarded and AFG can't. Are these programs funded from different bills passed?

Comment

No, same bill, different requirements on the awarding process. Different NOFAs also. Congress put in place that DHS must report in the Federal Register when they deviate from the scoring recommendations. Which has happened before because of misrepresentation & fraud, but never reported. There's some other stuff that has to happen legislatively with AFG - Main, I don't have all of the details but it will begin to be handled on September 5th when Congress is back in session.
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

This is coming close to some of the things I am hearing that SAFER may start dropping before AFG awards. Yes, this can happen as SAFER may have not had the same requirements from legislative action required as did the AFG.
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Brian, I did talk with our Congressman today and they inquired from someone who stated some things should begin to happen within about two weeks. Not much more details, but they are making some additional calls.

Comment

I received our 10 questions for the SAFER grant today.

Comment

Originally posted by k3twpfire
                      I received our 10 questions for the SAFER grant today.

Wow kankakee scores twice in one week! Way to go guy. Good omens of things to come. Am I invited to the party?
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780
                        Wow kankakee scores twice in one week! Way to go guy. Good omens of things to come. Am I invited to the party?
                        Well, at least once.. my 2006 AFG number was replaced with the 2006 SAFER number over the weekend. So maybe they put the wrong number up originally! But I am still confident on the AFG

Comment

Well at least things are moving, but oddly at that. I found out today that one of my clients got a phone call with 10 Q's over a month ago for their AFG app. That was probably right before everyone found out about the delay until next month. Oh well. All in good time. As long as they start next month and make all notifications before Dec 31st it shouldn't make much difference for 2007. After all, everyone has their 3 plans in place based on their assessments...
                          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by k3twpfire
                            Well, at least once.. my 2006 AFG number was replaced with the 2006 SAFER number over the weekend. So maybe they put the wrong number up originally! But I am still confident on the AFG
                            That is just too funny for words guy. I say it was funny because I originally thought that you might have been getting a SAFER number posted instead of an AFG but, when you quoted the EMW 06 FG and not EMW 06 FF. Well, just goes to show, they also can make a typo error too. When I could not get anyone else to verify they had an 06 FG award # posted I thought something was awry. Congrats anyway man, SAFER is a great win for you and your guys. Got a couple of them out there holding their breath myself.
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

so are we STILL waiting on the "REAL" "REAL" Celebration thread?

Comment

Yep, at least for AFG. However, this has now officially become the the REAL SAFER Celebration thread!! Congrats k3twp, on whatever you end up with!!

earl (celebrating a fresh cup of coffee right now!!)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X