The "REAL" celebration thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenacres2
    Steve--what was the time frame during which the 1199 was updated? Can you peg a date or time frame that yours changed?

earl
    No, I am not sure when it was added. I had not checked in over 2 weeks. The only reason I checked was because I needed to login to the website to get our EIN number for the CEDAP grant.

What a surprise I got!

Comment

Just checked ours. Nothing new, just the '02 and '04 award numbers on the 1199A.
      sigpic
      "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Comment

Just a reminder for folks here but, while checking a number of my clients yesterday I discovered more than half of them had "update profile" requests.

People, they wll not do ANYTHING with your department until they are sure they are sending information to the right contact person. In and of itself, asking for the "profile to be upated" does not mean you ARE getting an award however; I have yet to see an award be given to a department that did not first get an "Update Profile" message, especially if it is their first award.

Also remember to check the "spam" and email filters on your email servers and PC computer and be certain they are set to allow email from "dhs.gov" and "firegrantsupport" to pass through to you.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I have yet to see an award be given to a department that did not first get an "Update Profile" message, especially if it is their first award.
          Update Profile is a flag set to every few months in the database, unrelated to anything other than ensuring information is up to date. I checked a few dozen yesterday and every one that hadn't been logged into since the submission had an Update Profile request, including the ones with 2006 1199A numbers. Most likely coincidence about 1st awards and Update Profile, since most never login again unless they get emails asking them to. Not everyone is as obsessive as Earl.

The domain additions to the filters are part of it, but don't let that handle everything without checking Spam filters manually. DHS uses a subject of RE: EMW-2006-FG-##### for their emails of denials or awards. But since there was no originial email from you to them with that subject, Spam filters will sometimes grab the message. That's an old Spammer's trick to try and get past filters as well as get you to read the emails by making it look as if you sent them one first. It isn't keyed off of there being an original message because many email services like AOL have the default of not including the original text in a reply, so that's not a valid check for judging a message to be Spam or not.

The backup check method is to login once a week on a Wednesday or Thursday, or whenever you see someone posting about new pre-award notifications. Every message sent to the contact's email will also be in the Mail Center on the application web site. On the Status Page it will say (#) New Message on the line with the application that the message relates to.

Here's hoping this thread rockets to 100 pages within 2 months with all of the Forum Fiends and Lurkers posting with good news. It's always nice to see others that hang out here raking in the dough for an early Xmas.
          Brian P. Vickers
          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
          Emergency Services Consulting
          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

FYI,

There is a notice posted on the login page. There will be a system upgrade Aug. 18th starting 5:30 AM EDT to Aug. 21st ending 6:00 AM EDT. As it states "plan accordingly", but most importantly don't panic that you are not able to login.

Comment

Looks like very few 1199A updates, but the ball is rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle
                FYI,

There is a notice posted on the login page. There will be a system upgrade Aug. 18th starting 5:30 AM EDT to Aug. 21st ending 6:00 AM EDT. As it states "plan accordingly", but most importantly don't panic that you are not able to login.
                You know, ever since i saw that this morning i just can't help thinking that next week could be really, really fun for a lot of folks. The few reports of 1199A's almost seem like a test run in prepation for the Big One.

earl (gonna go rest up to prepare)

Comment

Update Info

Reading the last few pages got me excited.
                  As I logged on to my AFG page I got a pop-up asking me to verify my information. Hope that Is good news. However my 1199's were still the same.
                  Here's anotherone Kurt!
                  Patiently waiting.
                  Campbell Rice
                  Rives, TN.

Comment

The Real Celebration Thread

Now I'm waiting for the "REAL" Real Celebration Thread!!!! OMG!!
                    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

The Supense is KILLING ME

Smokediver: Congrats! Looks like good news for you! We hit last year and we heard long before this. Since I've had no questions or other I'm afraid that there is a dark cloud over our paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson71
                        Smokediver: Congrats! Looks like good news for you! We hit last year and we heard long before this. Since I've had no questions or other I'm afraid that there is a dark cloud over our paperwork.
                        Easy, Nelson. Until last week, nobody had heard anything this year. Many of us have had notifications much earlier in previous grant years. Trust me, it ain't just you. You are still quite in the thick of it.
                        “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah EastKY FF, I know. I'm just getting a little jumpy. Starting to check the contacts and these forums more frequently. But not very early, before work in the dark, so I guess I'm not getting too fruity yet.

Comment

Okay, here is a twist. After the update of the webserver over the weekend my 1199A now shows my 2006 SAFER number and not the AFG number.

Comment

Just checked and nothing on our 1199A and one of the other departments in the area hasn't received anything either. Just keep waiting....

Comment

It looks like these 1199As that went out last week are for 2006 SAFER Grants.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X