Clear All

• Originally posted by SVFD732
    I'm just curious, was it there ?

Actually, I was mistaken on part of that. The grant award
    got there, but the manage grant and request funds is not
    available until 3 months after the period of performance
    starts. I am figuring the period of performance starts 15
    DEC 2006, so according to the email I just got, that means
    the funds are not available until March 15 2007?

But, the timetable WAS correct about announcements.

Waiting to see if it was correct on the AFG starting this Friday....

Comment

• 10 questions received

We got the 2006 award number on our 1199A on Thursday September 14 and the questions came today - September 25.

Steve Hirsch
      T.O., Sheridan County Fire Dept. (Kansas)

Comment

• After a looooong wait...the questions came this morning. They were returned, and it is back to the waiting game!!!

Andy

Comment

• I also received our 10 Q's today, after receiving the 1199 on 9/11........ Took me awhile to get them back since I had to try to track down info for the old grant. Pain in the butt since the Chief retired last week and had to get ahold of the grant writer to get the info....... Send them in this afternoon though.........
          The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
          We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
          IACOJ

Comment

• Sounds like more 1199As going out....

Comment

• Sounds like we are going to be celebrating soon!

Comment

• CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT........................WHOO HOOO!!!! CAN'T SLEEP, CAN'T GET NO WORK DONE-VISIONS OF GRANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE DANCING IN MY HEAD!!!

Comment

• It's on folks. Florida's list just arivied at Congressional offices and the first call made was to one of my clients. Start inviting party guests folks! Let the good times roll!
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• Just got the call.... They are starting in Arkansas!!!!

Comment

• Next 06 SAFER Awards coming out Friday Too!

Looks like next round of SAFER 2006 awards is also going out Friday as well, That list just hit their desks too.
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

• National Volunteer Fire Council statement

This was just released by the National Volunteer Fire Council:

National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) Chairman Philip C. Stittleburg and other stakeholders participated in a conference call this afternoon with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Stittleburg has learned that the first round of Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) awards will be announced on Friday, October 6. The AFG is a competitive program administered by the DHS Office of Grants and Training that awards one-year grants directly to fire departments nationwide in an effort to give every department the basic tools needed to respond to all hazards.

The first announcement will include 860 awards worth approximately $90 million. Subsequent announcements will be posted on www.firegrantsupport.com every Friday through the end of the year at approximately six o’clock in the morning. Overall, approximately 5,000 grants worth $485-490 million will be awarded.

The AFG application solicitation period closed in April, and peer reviewers from various fire service organizations including the NVFC evaluated and ranked the 18,160 applications several weeks later. Normally the first round of award announcements are made in mid to late summer. This year the award criteria, which by law must be published before awards can be made, did not appear in the Federal Register until September. Because the award announcements are starting later than normal this year, DHS will be making more announcements each week in an effort to finish the award-making process in a similar time frame as in years past.

Comment

• Wow that is a shock. I have sent inquiries to Tom Herrington at AFG asking to confirm or deny this.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Makes sense. Sure didn't seem like as many folks celebrating like I would have expected if there were 2500 1199As out there already. I like the sound of weekly announcements, means weekly updates to 1199As.
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                            Emergency Services Consulting
                            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

• Just curious if any Dear John's have gone out for AFG grants yet???

Comment

• Nope. Probably before the end of the month we'll see the computer denied letters coming.
                                Brian P. Vickers
                                www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                                Emergency Services Consulting
                                Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                                Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse