Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onebugle
    replied
    I'll be on a diet pretty soon once the department is back to full stregnth.

Believe me, I'm far from being a statician like Brian. What probably takes him 5 minutes is an all day project for me (far from being a computer geek ). Now that I have a data base for the state, it may only take 1/2 a day.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    They are modifying their processes to streamline things. Having spent the last 10 years since graduating college in the software industry upgrading many, many systems, I know sometimes you take steps backwards to make improvements. Since it is the government and not private industry, they have to take more steps to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Changes take approval from many parts of the org chart, and sometimes other federal agencies.

They have known the award winners since late April, but they need to make sure the DHS bank accounts are in order, the staff is prepared, the software systems are prepared, and all of that other good stuff.

I agree on the legislative issue, but they must have made a major change that does require an act of Congress. All in all, they're out to make things better, so we'll hit some speed bumps along the way but the goal will be reached. It does suck waiting, believe me I know that feeling. Most of you have one to a handful of apps you worked on. Take our view. I'm waiting on over 200, KB's over 100 something and so is Alana. Take your nerves and multiply them a few times, we're all going ape!

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    Originally posted by falcon325
    Is this the first year for the AFG program? what is SOOOOO different this year from last year and the years before that they can't get their act together prior to their own forcasted dates. Seems like a simple process they know the dates they want to work with. They know WE are going to meet those deadlines. They know how much money they are going to give out.... Whats the major "lesislative issue" that couldn't have been resolved prior to the end of the last session? I realize the review process can be complicated but once those folks have done their jobs..how can the gov't say that all of a sudden theres a "legislative" hold up to release the funds? You mean nobody could see that coming and fix it ahead of time?
    Calm down and go look at the thread "The REAL celebration thread"

Leave a comment:

• falcon325
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er
    After Labor Day.
    Is this the first year for the AFG program? what is SOOOOO different this year from last year and the years before that they can't get their act together prior to their own forcasted dates. Seems like a simple process they know the dates they want to work with. They know WE are going to meet those deadlines. They know how much money they are going to give out.... Whats the major "lesislative issue" that couldn't have been resolved prior to the end of the last session? I realize the review process can be complicated but once those folks have done their jobs..how can the gov't say that all of a sudden theres a "legislative" hold up to release the funds? You mean nobody could see that coming and fix it ahead of time?

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    After Labor Day.

Leave a comment:

• tannerismyhero
    replied
    So when is congress back in session and the stuff on the table to be signed?

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    No difference to me, just a quick import into the database. I already have the rest of the queries and such in place.

"NERD!" Yes I am.

Bugle probably won't care, all that OT he's snacking up on he needs something to do.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    ...probably like the 1st round last year where there were 2,000 of them announced at once.
    So does that make it easier for staticians like you and onebugle to tabulate? Or is it better to have several smaller rounds????

earl

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    They found minor issues in the scoring with some apparatus and PPE apps, and had the SAFER Peer Reviewers go over them again. Same sort of thing they did with those 300 apps in November last year when they found the computer scoring problem and re-ran all of the applications through the computer, showing 300 that should have gone to PR. Congress has to come back and do something to clear up the legislative problem, and that won't happen until after Labor Day. We should see some awards before the end of September, probably like the 1st round last year where there were 2,000 of them announced at once.

Leave a comment:

• whitesox4life
    replied
    I have been told it is going to be a couple months down the road. but im not sure about that. i heard they had alot of trouble with some of the applications and had to go thru all of them again

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Well, I only said that if they were going to do something on a Monday that would be about it. Definitely not awards. Tuesdays & Wednesdays were the normal days for the 10 Q's & 1199A, Congressional notification on the Wednesday before announcement on Friday. Hopefully we're not far off on any of it.

Leave a comment:

• DianeC
    replied
    I'm not so sure that 9/11 will be announcements, they only do awards on Fridays. Pre-award notifications maybe, but since this will be the 5th anniversary I think some other things will be going on that day.
    Pre-award notifications are usually Wednesdays.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Nut, I'll be over in Hall H, Booth 5308 so swing in and say howdy. I have line of site to the concession stand. It's tough to stay this overweight and out of shape without eating.

I'm not so sure that 9/11 will be announcements, they only do awards on Fridays. Pre-award notifications maybe, but since this will be the 5th anniversary I think some other things will be going on that day.

Leave a comment:

• THEFIRENUT
    replied
    Fire-Rescue in Dallas

Looking forward to FRI. Maybe some of us can finally meet face to face.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Afg06

During a conversation with an individual at FEMA, who will remain un-named, it was suggested that Sept 11, would be the day.

IS someone thinking Photo-op?

If you're standin' still.... you're not movin'.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X