No announcement yet.

FEMA grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are modifying their processes to streamline things. Having spent the last 10 years since graduating college in the software industry upgrading many, many systems, I know sometimes you take steps backwards to make improvements. Since it is the government and not private industry, they have to take more steps to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Changes take approval from many parts of the org chart, and sometimes other federal agencies.

They have known the award winners since late April, but they need to make sure the DHS bank accounts are in order, the staff is prepared, the software systems are prepared, and all of that other good stuff.

I agree on the legislative issue, but they must have made a major change that does require an act of Congress. All in all, they're out to make things better, so we'll hit some speed bumps along the way but the goal will be reached. It does suck waiting, believe me I know that feeling. Most of you have one to a handful of apps you worked on. Take our view. I'm waiting on over 200, KB's over 100 something and so is Alana. Take your nerves and multiply them a few times, we're all going ape!
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I'll be on a diet pretty soon once the department is back to full stregnth.

Believe me, I'm far from being a statician like Brian. What probably takes him 5 minutes is an all day project for me (far from being a computer geek ). Now that I have a data base for the state, it may only take 1/2 a day.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X