FEMA grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEMA grants

Does anyone know when the DJ or award letters will be given out for the 2006 AFG and or the SAFER grants?

Not until next month most likely. We've been talking about this in the other threads. There are some issues that have to be resolved that involve Congress being in session, which won't happen until Labor Day.

DHS plans on raining down the awards as soon as they can, so we have to hang on a little longer. It would be nice if September 15th was the first round, those of us that will be at Fire-Rescue in Dallas can have a big party.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Afg06

During a conversation with an individual at FEMA, who will remain un-named, it was suggested that Sept 11, would be the day.

IS someone thinking Photo-op?

If you're standin' still.... you're not movin'.
      HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Fire-Rescue in Dallas

Looking forward to FRI. Maybe some of us can finally meet face to face.
        Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

Nut, I'll be over in Hall H, Booth 5308 so swing in and say howdy. I have line of site to the concession stand. It's tough to stay this overweight and out of shape without eating.

I'm not so sure that 9/11 will be announcements, they only do awards on Fridays. Pre-award notifications maybe, but since this will be the 5th anniversary I think some other things will be going on that day.
          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
            I'm not so sure that 9/11 will be announcements, they only do awards on Fridays. Pre-award notifications maybe, but since this will be the 5th anniversary I think some other things will be going on that day.
            Pre-award notifications are usually Wednesdays.
            "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
            -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Well, I only said that if they were going to do something on a Monday that would be about it. Definitely not awards. Tuesdays & Wednesdays were the normal days for the 10 Q's & 1199A, Congressional notification on the Wednesday before announcement on Friday. Hopefully we're not far off on any of it.
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

I have been told it is going to be a couple months down the road. but im not sure about that. i heard they had alot of trouble with some of the applications and had to go thru all of them again

Comment

They found minor issues in the scoring with some apparatus and PPE apps, and had the SAFER Peer Reviewers go over them again. Same sort of thing they did with those 300 apps in November last year when they found the computer scoring problem and re-ran all of the applications through the computer, showing 300 that should have gone to PR. Congress has to come back and do something to clear up the legislative problem, and that won't happen until after Labor Day. We should see some awards before the end of September, probably like the 1st round last year where there were 2,000 of them announced at once.
                  Brian P. Vickers

Comment

...probably like the 1st round last year where there were 2,000 of them announced at once.
                    So does that make it easier for staticians like you and onebugle to tabulate? Or is it better to have several smaller rounds????

earl

Comment

No difference to me, just a quick import into the database. I already have the rest of the queries and such in place.

"NERD!" Yes I am.

Bugle probably won't care, all that OT he's snacking up on he needs something to do.
                      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

So when is congress back in session and the stuff on the table to be signed?

Comment

After Labor Day.
                          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

After Labor Day.
                            Is this the first year for the AFG program? what is SOOOOO different this year from last year and the years before that they can't get their act together prior to their own forcasted dates. Seems like a simple process they know the dates they want to work with. They know WE are going to meet those deadlines. They know how much money they are going to give out.... Whats the major "lesislative issue" that couldn't have been resolved prior to the end of the last session? I realize the review process can be complicated but once those folks have done their jobs..how can the gov't say that all of a sudden theres a "legislative" hold up to release the funds? You mean nobody could see that coming and fix it ahead of time?

Comment

Originally posted by falcon325
                              Is this the first year for the AFG program? what is SOOOOO different this year from last year and the years before that they can't get their act together prior to their own forcasted dates. Seems like a simple process they know the dates they want to work with. They know WE are going to meet those deadlines. They know how much money they are going to give out.... Whats the major "lesislative issue" that couldn't have been resolved prior to the end of the last session? I realize the review process can be complicated but once those folks have done their jobs..how can the gov't say that all of a sudden theres a "legislative" hold up to release the funds? You mean nobody could see that coming and fix it ahead of time?
                              Calm down and go look at the thread "The REAL celebration thread"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X