Round 15 FPS - this Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 15 FPS - this Friday

FYI -- Round 15 of the Fire Prevention and Safety grants will be announced Friday. Keep in mind that Congress is on District work status, so you may not hear from them if the person you deal with for grants is from the DC office, they may be on vacation.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

[QUOTE=DianeC]FYI -- Round 15 of the Fire Prevention and Safety grants will be announced Friday. Keep in mind that Congress is on District work status, so you may not hear from them if the person you deal with for grants is from the DC office, they may be on vacation.[/QUOTE

Diane, you beat me to the punch by a keystroke. I will confirm what she is saying. Anyone who has never heard about your 2005 Fire Prevention Grant should check your 1199A form for an 05 FP award # and stay tuned for Friday morning and offcial announcement. Well, at least it will be a little good news for those waiting for word on AFG 06.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

what if we got a dear john 3 days before the last award??

Kurt,

We got our dear john 3 days before the last round. We could still be in the running? Why are the announcing another round?

Comment

Originally posted by capt4nocfa
        Kurt,

We got our dear john 3 days before the last round. We could still be in the running? Why are the announcing another round?
        Probabaly grants that were refused and they have money left or returned to them at this point.
        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Is this just the FPS, or should we expect another round of AFG?
          We were told that our 05 grant did not make the cut off for funding, but that if they identified additional funding, they would consider funding. Almost 30 days ago (July 11th) we were sent 12 questions and a request for a 1199. Still no award announced, but it looks like it is on the way. Apparently they have identified additional money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tlagow
            We were told that our 05 grant did not make the cut off for funding, but that if they identified additional funding, they would consider funding. Almost 30 days ago (July 11th) we were sent 12 questions and a request for a 1199. Still no award announced, but it looks like it is on the way. Apparently they have identified additional money.

If you will give me a call I will let you in on a little hint that we can check for. 800-992-0272 EXt 1
            Kurt Bradley

Comment

My office only received notice for Fire Prevention and that's only because our state received 2...
              "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
              -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Originally posted by Tlagow

Tlagow, got word this morning that the 1st round of the 2005 AFG supplemental awards will be announced on Friday as well. I guess they figured they should get some award sout, even if they are from last year, to extinguish the fires that are raging from the 2006 AFG awards being delayed. Good luck to you and everyone that still has their fingers crossed.
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse