• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF4020
    replied
    23 member volunteer department
    Population 1300
    cover 120 square
    What the department gets from property taxes comprise about 3% of the total levy amount
    Annual budget of approximately $110,000 a year.
    This funds the fire department and ambulance service

Leave a comment:

• ntmd8r38
    replied
    Fire Protection District
    22 Volunteer members
    Approx. 60 sq.miles
    Approx 1200 pop.

not sure exactly the percent of the total we are but this year our levy dropped from.02625 per $100 to .02150 per $100, this is due to a nice little law known as the Hancock Amendment. In other words when the count re-assesses property values our funding does not increase,,the rate adjust so that we receive basiclaly the same amount each year.

Leave a comment:

• canton120
    replied
    Ladder,
    Rural Volunteer Department
    25 members
    City pop. 2550
    Total pop. 4600
    Tax %'s
    City 22%
    County 5%
    School District 56%
    Nursing Home 2%
    Health Dept 2%
    Ambulance District 4%
    Fire District 4%

Leave a comment:

• Ladder5B
    started a topic Property tax funding

Property tax funding

I'm curious so I guess I will ask. For departments that are funded from property taxes: What % is your budget compared to the total property tax rate (County tax, state tax, school corporation, poor relief,etc.) Please indicate if you are volunteer (how many members), combination (# of total members, # of career), career (# of employees). I hope this makes sense. For example: Our total property tax bill is approx. $2.61 per hundred of assessed valuation. Our fire protection budget comprises only 3.5% of that. To me that sounds a lot lower than the national average. What is yours?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X