Property tax funding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property tax funding

I'm curious so I guess I will ask. For departments that are funded from property taxes: What % is your budget compared to the total property tax rate (County tax, state tax, school corporation, poor relief,etc.) Please indicate if you are volunteer (how many members), combination (# of total members, # of career), career (# of employees). I hope this makes sense. For example: Our total property tax bill is approx. $2.61 per hundred of assessed valuation. Our fire protection budget comprises only 3.5% of that. To me that sounds a lot lower than the national average. What is yours?

Ladder,
    Rural Volunteer Department
    25 members
    City pop. 2550
    Total pop. 4600
    Tax %'s
    City 22%
    County 5%
    School District 56%
    Nursing Home 2%
    Health Dept 2%
    Ambulance District 4%
    Fire District 4%

Comment

Fire Protection District
      22 Volunteer members
      Approx. 60 sq.miles
      Approx 1200 pop.

not sure exactly the percent of the total we are but this year our levy dropped from.02625 per $100 to .02150 per $100, this is due to a nice little law known as the Hancock Amendment. In other words when the count re-assesses property values our funding does not increase,,the rate adjust so that we receive basiclaly the same amount each year.

Comment

23 member volunteer department
        Population 1300
        cover 120 square
        What the department gets from property taxes comprise about 3% of the total levy amount
        Annual budget of approximately $110,000 a year.
        This funds the fire department and ambulance service

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X