X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIREAct Column & Petition

Read Hal Bruno's Firehouse Magazine Column here:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...Id=46&id=50527

Then go print and get a load of signatures for Senator Schumer's (NY) petition here:

http://firehouse.com/mz/images/2006/...ctPetition.pdf

The recent votes for the 2007 funding were passed 100-0 in the Senate and something like 390+ to 3 in the House. They are not against us by any means, but we have to show them that if they choose to fight for more funding that we as a whole are behind them. No career/vollie, urban/rural, custom/commercial junk. One voice.

- Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

I sincerely hope that the UPI and AP wire servcies pick up on Hal's article and run it. That needs to be read across the country and Hal and Dr. Harry deserve a lot of credit for stating this ball rolling. We need to keep it going. I will have this link on my website and I am even thinking of personally emailing it to every one of our clients.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Good for Hal! I am fixing to print the thing and get all kinds of folks to sign it.

Dr. Harry made a stop at my department and a neighboring one on his last official tour day Monday, and I really appreciate his time and the expertise he and Jack Peltier shared about everything from LDH to AFG and other assorted initials.
      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Unfortunately Chuckie Schumer is the guy in the clownsuit.

Contact your Rep/Senator directly is likely to actually have some result. IMHO a chuckie instigated "petition" is just going to go in a trash can. Why? Because everything the guy does has a political agenda behind it, he's a TV hound/grandstander/me 1ster, and of the minority party (ie. out to thru mud at the current adminstration at every opportunity.

Just contact your house rep/senator.

www.senate.gov
        www.house.gov

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse