New MN/WI Grant Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MN/WI Grant Program

Even though I'll be submitting a few people myself, I think we all need to share info because it's the right thing to do. It shouldn't be about who can find what first and keep it to themselves. Plus the more people apply, the more they'll see how beneficial the program is and maybe increase the dough. So here 'tis.

AgStar knows how important emergency response volunteers are to rural communities' safety and well-being, and we want to make sure they are provided with the most up-to-date equipment.

Applications for grants, up to $2,500, may be obtained from agstar.com starting July 15, 2006 until August 31, 2006. Departments can complete the grant form and file it electronically.

AgStar is committed to rural America and is proud to support the rural and agricultural communities where we operate. Through this grant program and the other programs of the AgStar Fund we are helping to ensure a strong future of rural America.

Geographic Eligibility:

We concentrate our giving programs in geographic areas where we have a significant business presence. All rural volunteer emergency response departments located in one of the 69 counties within AgStar’s chartered territory are eligible to apply.

Minnesota Counties: Aitkin, Anoka, Benton, Blue Earth, Brown, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chisago, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Hennepin, Houston, Itasca, Isanti, Jackson, Kanabec, Lake, LeSueur, McLeod, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Pine, Pipestone, Ramsey, Rice, Rock, St. Louis, Scott, Sherburne, Sibley, Stearns, Steele, Todd, Wabasha, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, Winona, or Wright. Wisconsin Counties: Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Iron, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Sawyer and Washburn.

Amount of Funding:

A total of $50,000 is available and the maximum grant amount is $2,500/department.

Application Process:

All applications must be submitted electronically via our website www.agstar.com

Good luck to all up north. And if anyone is going to FRI in Dallas next month, stop on by Booth #5308 and say hi. Or howdy. Or yo.

- Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Hey Brian, good call.... I didn't even think about posting it here cuz it's so localized. I'm working on a couple. The nice thing here is one of the guys on our dept. works full time for agstar, and our neighboring chief does too. Don't think it will help at all, but it did give us the heads up about the program.

Comment

Surprisingly one of the USDA reps I'm working with on other stuff sent it to me, but AgStar apparently consulted them about fire service needs before creating the program. Kudos to them on that.
      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
        stop on by Booth #5308 and say hi. Or howdy. Or yo.
        - Brian
        Actually, if it was someone from Wisconsin, we'd say "Hey der, ya betcha"

Comment

Thats what they say in 'sconsin

Comment

Great post Brian. Now if we can get ConAgra, Cargill and how about all these ethanol plants to do something similar. Kudos man!
            Kurt Bradley
            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ameryfd
              Actually, if it was someone from Wisconsin, we'd say "Hey der, ya betcha"
              Man, and they say the diversity of the Chinese language is bad. 50 states seperated by a common language.

Of course I forgot the two other ones:

WAAASSSSUPPPPP!!

and

How yu duin'?
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

No that is what they say in Minee-so-ta, have't you seen Fargo????Ohhh Yaaa, fur sure, don-cha know!!!! Good luck to all my Wisconsinites!!!! Can't go for it here in La Crosse county, but if anyone close needs any help starting a grant team, or needs help with any verbage thar, we can fur-chur help ya out thar, don-cha know, give me a call!!!. My partner in crime and I would love to give you some pointers.

Tim

p.s. Thanks Brian... I am not always Mr. Grumpy pants!!!!
                Last edited by Culpster; 08-04-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpster
                  No that is what they say in Minee-so-ta, have't you seen Fargo????Ohhh Yaaa, fur sure, don-cha know!!!! Good luck to all my Wisconsinites!!!! Can't go for it here in La Crosse county, but if anyone close needs any help starting a grant team, or needs help with any verbage thar, we can fur-chur help ya out thar, don-cha know, give me a call!!!. My partner in crime and I would love to give you some pointers.

Tim

p.s. Thanks Brian... I am not always Mr. Grumpy pants!!!!
                  Oh..contraire....I lived in Centeral Wisconsin for a number of years..... Top five phrases used every day...

#1) How bout dem Packers
                  #2) You Betcha
                  #3) Hey Dare
                  #4) Holy Cripes
                  #5) Where's da fish fry tonite

Comment

Wow, you guys must live in another part of the state from me. Been here for just about 30 years (i.e. my whole life) and we don't hear people talk like that Good luck to those that can apply for this. We can't (Clark Cty) but maybe other organizations will pick up on this and start their own programs. Good to get the word out.

Beth

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X