Funding thru website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding thru website

We are considering a website for our vfd that accepts donations online. Anyone have this feature on their site and if so how is it doing? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by hockeyfire
    We are considering a website for our vfd that accepts donations online. Anyone have this feature on their site and if so how is it doing? Thanks for your help.

Do you mean that you will have a link where they can make a direct online transfer to your department in a bank account or something? I would really be interested ion learning if that is possible and if anyone actually is doing this and what success level they are having with it also.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Several departments across the country have been doing this for some time using PayPal and other such money transfer tools, on top of the direct mailing campaigns. Everyone should always keep an address to mail donations to on their web site, or at least contact information in case anyone wants to donate.

- Brian
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I have had an electronic donation service setup on our website for about a year now.

We have had minimal success with it, but anything is better than nothing. It costs us absolutely nothing to maintain the Paypal service on the website, and only a minimal fee to withdraw the funds. (Standard Paypal rates)

http://www.westwoodfire.com/content/fund/

We also have started using our website to sell tickets for our fundraisers using a separate Paypal account.

This upcoming year, we will be celebrating our 60th Anniversary and having a housing for our new apparatus (new Rescue obtained by AFG in 2004!) We are having a huge year long fundraiser to help offset the expenses of this event by giving away $75,000 in cars and cash. ...here comes the fundraiser plug!....

http://www.westwoodfire.com/content/housing/raffle.cfm

Now this on the other hand has been quite successful on our website and we have sold about 100 tickets via the site thusfar. Feel free to check it out.

Any other questions, let me know.

Comment

John, I'll email you my ticket numbers. The baby has plenty of diapers, Daddy needs a Hog.
          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
            John, I'll email you my ticket numbers. The baby has plenty of diapers, Daddy needs a Hog.
            If you really want certain numbers, send me an e-mail and I will see where we are in sales!

Comment

I don't care what the numbers are, I just want the winning ones.
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

website

BC - HOGs have a new option this year - side cars by Peg Pergo!!!!!!!!! comes complete with a mobile diaper bag holder!!!!!!!!!

sorry - couldn't resist!!!!!!

Comment

Sweet! The wife will have to let me get one now.

All I need is someone to pay for it and it's a good as in the driveway.
                  Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420
                    I have had an electronic donation service setup on our website for about a year now.

We have had minimal success with it, but anything is better than nothing. It costs us absolutely nothing to maintain the Paypal service on the website, and only a minimal fee to withdraw the funds. (Standard Paypal rates)

http://www.westwoodfire.com/content/fund/

We also have started using our website to sell tickets for our fundraisers using a separate Paypal account.

This upcoming year, we will be celebrating our 60th Anniversary and having a housing for our new apparatus (new Rescue obtained by AFG in 2004!) We are having a huge year long fundraiser to help offset the expenses of this event by giving away $75,000 in cars and cash. ...here comes the fundraiser plug!....

http://www.westwoodfire.com/content/housing/raffle.cfm

Now this on the other hand has been quite successful on our website and we have sold about 100 tickets via the site thusfar. Feel free to check it out.

Any other questions, let me know.
                    I would like to get in contact with you about your paypal account via web page. Drop me an e-mail [email protected]
                    Thanks

Comment

If you're going to play in the paypal cesspool, set up a NEW checking account for use for nothing except paypal. And sweep all funds out of it at a very frequent and regular basis. Or you risk loosing your pants before you even realize your belt was slashed.

My business is a heavy epay seller (over 10000 completed sales over the last 6 years) and we Have never and WILL NEVER do business with paypal. It/they have "issues". Paypal will yank $ out of your account (you gave them the routing info required) for any or no discernable reason/rational. And good luck getting ahold of a human at paypal (same as at ebay actually) or getting a resolution.

If you give paypal the account information (bank routing info) for your FD account (or lord help you the city/county/juristiction) bank account) you are certifiably insane. Set up a brand spanking NEW checking account. And if you're smart to it at a different bank than your existing account. My word to the wise for today. You doubt me go to ebay threads on paypal (yes ebay owns paypal) and google on paypal (and useful varients such as paypal sucks etc).

Comment

We've been doing donations through PayPal on our web site (www.rescue15.com) for several years now with no problems at all. We started doing it so that we could accept credit cards and people felt more comfortable making donations online rather than having to mail a check.

Comment

Here is an example for Horry County Rescue Squad: http://www.horrycountyrescuesquad.com/donate.htm I would guess if you had questions about it you could either direct them towards Battalion22 on here or e-mail Chief Gibbins at [email protected] . Also, this is the e-mail address for the Webmaster of HCRS: [email protected]

Hope that helps some!
                          Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by FTMPTB15
                            Here is an example for Horry County Rescue Squad: http://www.horrycountyrescuesquad.com/donate.htm I would guess if you had questions about it you could either direct them towards Battalion22 on here or e-mail Chief Gibbins at [email protected] . Also, this is the e-mail address for the Webmaster of HCRS: [email protected]

Hope that helps some!

I need to get my eyes checked...

I thought that said Horny County Rescue Squad

Comment

Thanks everyone, you've been helpful!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse