No announcement yet.

Need $38,000 any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neiowa to the rescue! I could not remember the name of that program to save my life the other day( Essential Community Services). Great advice from someone who has probably tried every program out there at one time or another. Experience is sometimes the best teacher of all. Kudos neiowa. Great info!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Great ideas everyone! Just an update: I am turning in the required paperwork for the USDA rural development grant. The local USDA administrator is every excited to help with this project. She said that she would be able to give us a yes or no answer by the middle of next week. Hopefully this will work out. If not, I have a lot of other ideas based on your suggestions.

Comment

Keep us posted of any developments. Good luck!
        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Ladder,
          I wish I had your USDA rep! We applied the end of April for Grant/Loan funds from Rural Development. NOT ONE WORD FROM THEM.
          Good Luck on your app.

Comment

I guess in one aspect I'm lucky, she is very excited to help us with this grant. I spoke with her today and the optimism went down hill. She looked up our median household income and it was $3,000 dollars higher than the state average. She said that she will work closely with her supervisor to do anything she can. My point is this: I don't care if our hosehold income is $500,000 dollars with a FD budget of $21,000 dollars I can't afford to pay attention. When you are at the tax levey 5% increases doesn't go far. Even with excessive levy appeals the increase is minimal. Hopefully the fire district will pass this fall so we can increase the tax levy.

Comment

Ladder5B what year data is she using and from what source? If it is based upon 2000 US Census then there is a distinct possibility it may be considerably changed since then. Check with your local and State economic development councils and State Census people if you can, and make sure the data is the most current you can get. Who knows, it may be off by $3000 in your favor and you could sucessfully argue that point as long as you have a statistical basis from a reliable source to argue the point from. No offense to the USDA but, I doubt they have done any of their own economical census data specific to your county and the last US Census was in 2000. Make surre a special census has not been done for your area or that data from another source might not be available.

Plan B, head for the local bank and plead "Essential Community Services" and get a low interest loan, then work like hell with fundraisers etc. to pay it off quickly.
              Kurt Bradley

Comment

She is using the 2000 census figures. I searched last night and found that if you search zip codes then it decreases our household income. I am trying that angle to make things look better.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X