Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USSTC Operation Ranger Grant (Dear John)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSTC Operation Ranger Grant (Dear John)

Just got the Dear John for the USSTC Operation Ranger Grant.

...while your organizations's request had considerable merit, it was not one of those selected.

Good Luck to all of those left in the running.

As for us... a hiking we will go!

Mongo

Mongo, i didn't get my app in so my department never had a chance. You win because you got the job done and "passed the patient to the next level of care". Better luck next year.
    earl

Comment

Our dear John letter came about 2 months ago. I will be glad when the application period opens again. We have had several calls in recent months that we could have use one or borrowed a 4-wheeler.

Comment

Earl
        It was a mixed day. In the morning we found out no dice on the 6X6 grant, but in the afternoon we recieved notice of a pending $24,000 SHSGP grant for SCBA's. So I guess we'll just keep sending them in.

So far I'm 3 for 4 on grants this year (Thanks Brian!) It has paid off for us to get something submitted for those grant committees to chew on.

Sometimes you get lucky.

Mongo

Comment

Originally posted by ccmongo
          Just got the Dear John for the USSTC Operation Ranger Grant.

...while your organizations's request had considerable merit, it was not one of those selected.

Good Luck to all of those left in the running.

As for us... a hiking we will go!

Mongo
          Don't feel too bad. Out of all my clients this year, only one got the 6 x 6 Ranger ( Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife). USSTC/Polaris sent 6 of the ATVs tstrtaight into the Katrina area this year, so that cut down on the number that was being competed for. Better luck next year.

I wonder why we can't get Kawasaki, Yamaha or Kubota to sponsor a similar type grant. Maybe we need to start a campaign to get them to offer such a program. Maybe I will compose an email to each of them and then let everyone copy and paste and send it to them encouraging them to start a similar type program if there is enough interest from you guys.
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Does anyone have any info on how many D-J's have been sent and how many have to go out yet?
            BB

Comment

You can look on their website and see the winners and if your name is not on the list, or if you have not recieved an awrad notice by now, you will probably be recieving one.
              Kurt Bradley

Comment

No news is good news!

So far: no phone calls, no emails, and no dear-Johns. I'm still optimistic because we have not gotten a DJ yet. Just have to wait and see what the final round offers.

Comment

Operation Ranger

Kurt - I would gladly post to the other manufacturers. Additionally, the grant program that the First Responder Instiute (capped at $2,500 per dept) ran is also looking for a sponsor. Perhaps we can weave the two together saying that if the price of several vehicles is cost prohibitive for the firm(s), perhaps they would consider taking turns sponsoring the First Responder program annually.
                  if these vehicles run about $12 to 15k outfitted - that could be 4 to 6 small grants a year to depts in need. $2500 doesn't buy much - but it buys more than nothing does!!!!!
                  be glad to help in any way I can - Tony

Comment

tonya, Polaris is a Jr player here in comparison to someone like Yamaha with their Rhino or Kawaskai with their Mule (their versions of the Ranger) so I don't think it would matter to a giant like them but, a partnership is certainly the way to go. Both advertise , both get the tax benefit. I am willing to work on this if I can get some support from a few people to help me push this through. Don't you have "politico" status that you might could add to this mix?
                    Kurt Bradley

Comment

They generally retail at $8-10K.
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

Kurt - Sign me up If you need paper generation my department can do that. 40 emails are better than one.
                        Always confident, ever vigilant.

Comment

I'd be glad to add to the paper trail. Just let me know what I can do to help. We just borrowed 3 of these types of vehicles for the big 150th celebration we had in town and they worked out perfectly....and that's just one of many practical applications.

Comment

OK folks so we all know the pairing and partnership that took place with USSTC and Polaris. With that pairing you got " rough and tumble, bull riding, tobacco dipping, cowboys, pairing up with a rough and tumble "mechanical bull" in the Polaris Ranger. It was a good choice. Both companies appeal to the same audience types. So lets hear some ideas on who would be logical pairings of companies that might work togther in the same manner with Kubota Tractors, Yamaha Rhinos, and Kawasaki Mules ( and so help me if someone suggests 20 mule team Borax Soap, I am going to puke).
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

Ok here we go.

Rhino linings - Yamaha Rhinos

Rhinos energy drink - Yamaha rhinos They already sponsor racing!

New Balance shoes - Kawasaki mules, Yes the shoe

Keen shoes - Kawasaki Mules, Ok its shoes again but they have a foundation.

I'll think of more as I sleep tonight
                              Always confident, ever vigilant.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...