Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Funding for Katrina taken from AFG funds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding for Katrina taken from AFG funds?

I got a phone call from our chief this morning stating that we need to get on the ball and get our money spent from this years grant. He stated that there is a rumor going through the IAFC that money which was originally allocated for the AFG program this year may be shifted to provide funding for our brothers in the Gulf Coast. While I am sure that they have funding needs there, I must admit that I'm a little greedy, and that we need the funds as well. I told him that I didn't think they could take money away from those who have been awarded, and I'm sure I already know what everyone's response will be, I thought I would ask to see if anyone else had heard that rumor. Honestly, this works out to my advantage because I have been trying to light a fire under him to get things rolling, and now I think we're chugging right along after this morning's conversation.

That's crap.

If you've been awarded, FEMA won't take the money back. That would require Congressional authorization and who knows what-all. Not gonna happen.

Of course, that doesn't mean you have to tell your chief it's not true...
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Money for Katrina is special appropriations and existing disaster funds kept in reserve fsepcifcially for these type things. Money for AFG in 2005 is not in danger. It is possible that a reduction might be coming in 2006 but, I doubt it will seriously effect it. Pre-disaster and post-disaster FEMA mitigation grants will be the primary vehicle for rebuilding it all and replacing equipment for quite a bit of it, as has happended in Fla, NC etc. in the past. This is just on a larger scale is all.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse