Another Question for BC79er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Question for BC79er

BC79er, In an early thread I believe that I read that you can request up to 50% of the funds for a pre-pay deal on apparatus. Can you confrim that for me. I tried to find that tread again but have had no luck. The reason I am asking because we talked to a dealer and he had mentioned that. Thanks for your time and help, and for your advice in many other posts.

HTVFD

In the Federal Register document (03-grant-fr.pdf) on page 12551, middle column subsection (e), it says that up to 50% of the order amount can be requested to make a downpayment. The grantee can request the balance at the time of delivery of the EQUIPMENT or VEHICLE.

I forgot about the equipment part. Maybe some of you getting PPE, SCBA, or whatever can take advantage of some prepayment too.

And I'm not saying it was because of us, but sorry for ruining the 100% thing. We took the whole $312K at once at order time and took a decent discount. Of course we added more stuff to the truck. Needed more scene and emergency lights. Now the light tower attracts news helicopters. Had it out for a recruit class lighting up a field (REALLY lighting up a field), and looked up and we had 3 news choppers overhead. Then they realized we were just training and left. Oh well. Couldn't call mom to tell her I was on the news again. "It was pandelarium. I saw her trailer go by and all I could think was she still got my chafing dish."
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

BC79er,
      We were awarded a grant in Round 19. How long does it take for FEMA to send out the official e-mail notifying us and directing us to print out the award package? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I don't think they were sending out email notices. But if you log into the application web site in your drop down box should be a boatload of links now. View Award Package will be the official letter and award paperwork, Manage Grant is where you can request funds from. Can't remember the rest of them.

Congrats. Time to go shopping.
        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

What is the average time frame an award is given out after the department receives the 7 questions? We received our questions last Saturday and were ask to itemize in the SCBA catagory. Will that delay the award?

Comment

Probably, but not by much. From the other posts in this area, almost everyone has been asked to itemize their SCBA requests to ensure no price gouging. So depending on how long it takes y'all to get them back the info they want, it will probably be the next week after you send them the info. I'd get ready to order those SCBA, I can't see them asking for info that they aren't going to need. Just like the 1199A. Congrats.
            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Our Price would seem to be high per SCBA. But in our request we were asking for 16 new SCBA, Spare tanks, mask bags, RIT pack, and 14 extra face pieces. I explained that in the reply email back to FEMA and that it would be rebid if we received an award. Hate to send them a price today and not have an award untill the 1st of the year when prices will likey go up.

Comment

BC79er,
                Thanks for replying back to me. I've been checking the application daily, but the awards package has not appeared in the drop down box as of yet. Thats why I asked the question of you. Oh well, I'll just wait a little bit longer. Maybe it takes a week or two for it to appear. Thank you.

Comment

I'd call the 800 number (or is it 888) and ask someone about it. If it's been announced already then you should be able to get started. They are kinda swamped of late. 450 some odd in Round 20. Whole lotta awards for only $29 million. Either there's going to be some really big bucks, or we're looking at topping out closer to 10,000 awards. As it sits we're at 4700 and $363 million? Just about halfway moneywise.
                  Brian P. Vickers

Comment

The award average seem to be increasing slightly as the rounds go on, but I can't see them going up dramatically, so we're probably at the halfway point for both money and the number of awards.
                    Brian P. Vickers

Comment

We received an email award notification when we were awarded this year.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X