X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC79er
    replied
    Congrats.

Reply to the questions in email, but keep a printed copy for your own records. Copy yourself on the email too to make sure that it left your email provider.

Leave a comment:

• rezfire
    replied
    received 7 Q's via email today!!!!!!!

Checked my email this AM and 7 questions were there!!!!!! Also, checked website and the 1199a was on the pull down menu!!!! Looks good so far.

Do we mail the answers or answer via email?

Tad Williams
    Walker River Paiute Tribe VFD
    Walker River Paiute Indian Reservation
    Schurz, NV

Our old Seagraves with a crew of nine barely made it to the Cedar Fire during the big southern CA blaze. So, we definitely need this new fire engine.

Leave a comment:

• captfire3
    replied
    Got 7 questions on 11/12/03, 1199a on 11/17/03 and phone call to confirm station's address 11/21/03. Have not heard anything since.
    Last edited by captfire3; 12-02-2003, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• REALLYRURAL
    replied
    We received our 7 questions on a Thursdays 2 weeks ago, 1199A the next day, confirmation 12 days later.

Leave a comment:

• cfd825
    replied
    found out today 11/28 that we received our grant. it came by e-mail before our congressman called us.I received our 7 question letter on 11/13 and didnt send it in till 11/18. so it only took ten days till we found out. now comes the waiting game of how long it takes to get the bank.The best thing to do is sit back and not worry about it. do something else to get it off your mind. we put in for a tanker/pumper.

Leave a comment:

• theonlychief
    replied
    A brush truck.

We are looking at the E-One Jackrabbit. But also having New Lexington qoute us a comparable truck. We bought a tanker previously from them and we are quite satisfied with there workmen ship.

Hey westofd1-- I see your dept. on my awards list that the local paper faxed to me.. Congrats to you also.
    Last edited by theonlychief; 11-27-2003, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• westofd1
    replied
    we recieved 7 questions on 11/12/03 and returned them on 11/13/03, on 11/25/03 we recieved phone call from congressman boehlerts office saying we recieved award and that they had sent fax to papers. it was in local paper on 11/26/03. start the process of looking for late model rescue/pumper. stay low stay safe. west oneonta, new york

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Senator Clinton. Those two words still send shivers down my spine.

Congrats Chief! Whatcha buying?

Leave a comment:

• theonlychief
    replied
    It's Final

Previous Post.

We recieved our questions on 11/12/03. responded 11/13/03. Recieved 1199a link on 11/14/03 and mailed it back on 11/18/03. Now just waiting. Our grant was applied for in the vehicle section.

Congrats to all of you who have received the first part of the good news.

Keep the rubber side down and drive safe.

Today 11/26/2003, I recieved a phone call from our local paper. He asked what are we going to purchase with our grant award. I asked what award. He indicated that he recieved a fax fron Senator Clinton's office with the New York State awards. He quoted to me exactly what we should be recieving. So..... we found out fron the newspaper.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    You'll have to go back a little bit in issues, but Firehouse magazine has that Apparatus Architect section with a lot of tips and tricks, as well as searching FireEngineering.com for stuff. There are a lot of basics to stick to as well: big enough to do what you need, not too big that you can't take it throughout the entire district and park it in the station. Figure out what you really need the truck for, and put on that equipment first: 1500-2000gpm pump, 1000+ tank in rural areas, CAFS to make that water last longer, enough scene lighting to make any dark area safe, etc, etc. Check the new delivery sites for pictures, specs, and ideas. See something you like, contact the department who bought it and see what (if anything) they'd change since they've gotten the truck and used it a few times. Go see some of the trucks. Nothing beats climbing in and out of trucks.

And after all of that spewing of info, here's the important part: Congratulations!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• 900Chief
    replied
    Got our 7 questions today. WOW now any one got some good ideas how to spec a usefull pumper tanker for a real back country fire dept?

Leave a comment:

• firelaw
    replied
    We recieved the 1099A in october. Had it filled out and returned it thereby recieving the confirmation. Now to date we have not gotten the questions or thanks for coming by letter. I check it all the time. The abyss is awful

Leave a comment:

• minfore
    replied
    Answer to CharlieRFDPres

The address given on the instructions for the 1199A form are to send it to:
    Department of Homeland Security
    Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate (FEMA)
    Grants Management Branch
    500 C Street, SW, Room 350
    Washington, DC 20472

Attn: Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program

So that's where I sent it. (I hope I got it addressed right!)

Hopefully the chinese water torture of the time it takes from first hint to award will be over soon, we want to get our new truck ordered!

Leave a comment:

• CharlieRFDPres
    replied
    Minfore a Question please?

Hoping to be in your spot soon, still waiting, but 'snail mail to DC' thought everything was being handled in Emmitsburg, MD? Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• minfore
    replied
    1199A & Questions

Our 1199A appeared on the application status drop down menu on 11/11. I completed and printed it the same day. I got it executed at the bank on 11/12 (the 11th was Veteran's Day - banks closed), and sent it out via Priority Mail at lunchtime on the 12th. It arrived in DC on the 15th (talk about snail mail!). I have yet to see any acknowledgement on the status page.

We got a phone call with the questions on 11/20. I have yet to see any acknowledgement on the status page or confirming email.

Based on other posts I've read I'm really hopeful, but it's getting pretty uncomfortable walking around with all my fingers and toes crossed.

This is our third year of asking for funds for a tanker/pumper. We got DJ'd late in the game the first two years.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X