7 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 questions

We got the 7 questions from FEMA what are our chances of getting the grant ?

GilPenney,

If you answered the question correctly your chances are about 100%. Congrats and get ready to go shopping. Way to go.

Matt
    Matt Reardon
    Singers Glen Vol. Fire Co.

Comment

We got "the call" from our senators office. For us it was about ten days from the time we got "the questions" to when we got "the Call" Good luck to others out there that are still waiting. Gil

Comment

we also got the 7 questions ............will keep you all advised !
        IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
        Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
        ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
        RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
        LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
        I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
        "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
        http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Also got the 7 question on 11/6. Fingers still crossed........

Comment

Question

Congratulations to all who are getting these seven questions and seem to be on your way to getting the grant. However does anyone know when the next round of "Dear John's" are coming out? It used to be, I guess you can say a little exiting to check and see if we got the drop down box for the bank info but now it is getting pretty old. Would just like to hear. Thanks

Comment

Just found out that we got our FEMA grant for a Plymovent exhaust removal system !!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
              IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
              Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
              ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
              RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
              LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
              I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
              "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Got our 7 questions!!!

I got the seven question email today 11/13. We asked for $150K for a 3000 gallon tanker. Will let you know when we hear the big news! And to everyone that hasn't heard anything... about last week I had given up and quit checking the drop down box on a daily basis. Hang in there, there is lots more to come. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Congrats to both y'all! And everyone else that just hasn't posted the good news yet.

What you need plymovent for? That takes the fun out of checking the truck out outside in the sleet and snow and stuff.

Tanker, tanker. They those hydrants with wheels on them?
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                  Emergency Services Consulting
                  Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                  Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

7 questions

We received the 7 questions by e-mail yesterday. Question #7 asked if we received any federal funding during this fiscal year. We erecently closed out last year's grant. Does that mean we received funding in this fiscal year? Or is that considered last fiscal year?
                    Also will we need to do another 1199a form this time even though all the info is the same as last year?

Comment

We recieved ours

We recieved our questions on 11/12/03. responded 11/13/03. Recieved 1199a link on 11/14/03 and mailed it back on 11/18/03. Now just waiting. Our grant was applied for in the vehicle section.

Congrats to all of you who have received the first part of the good news.

Keep the rubber side down and drive safe.
                      The Chief

Comment

Hey,

I got the 1199a form 11/23 but have yet to see the 7 questions. Should I call someone or be patient?

Comment

1199A & Questions

Our 1199A appeared on the application status drop down menu on 11/11. I completed and printed it the same day. I got it executed at the bank on 11/12 (the 11th was Veteran's Day - banks closed), and sent it out via Priority Mail at lunchtime on the 12th. It arrived in DC on the 15th (talk about snail mail!). I have yet to see any acknowledgement on the status page.

We got a phone call with the questions on 11/20. I have yet to see any acknowledgement on the status page or confirming email.

Based on other posts I've read I'm really hopeful, but it's getting pretty uncomfortable walking around with all my fingers and toes crossed.

This is our third year of asking for funds for a tanker/pumper. We got DJ'd late in the game the first two years.

Comment

Minfore a Question please?

Hoping to be in your spot soon, still waiting, but 'snail mail to DC' thought everything was being handled in Emmitsburg, MD? Congrats!
                            (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
                            BE SAFE OUT THERE
                            NEVER FORGET
                            GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
                            IACOJ
                            F.O.O.P.

Comment

Answer to CharlieRFDPres

The address given on the instructions for the 1199A form are to send it to:
                              Department of Homeland Security
                              Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate (FEMA)
                              Grants Management Branch
                              500 C Street, SW, Room 350
                              Washington, DC 20472

Attn: Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program

So that's where I sent it. (I hope I got it addressed right!)

Hopefully the chinese water torture of the time it takes from first hint to award will be over soon, we want to get our new truck ordered!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X