Questions from FEMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions from FEMA

Finally received the 7 questions from FEMA today. There was an 8th question that asked for a itemized cost of the SCBA's, 45 minute bottles, and extra face pieces that we are requesting. In our grant application we were asking for new turnout gear, a SCBA refilling station, and new SCBA. When FEMA is asking about quotes for only one of the three, does that give an indicator that they will not fund all three if awarded a grant?

Got the same 8th question re: itemizing. The rest of our award was funded without changes. It seems that they were looking that some of the costs in the original app were a bit inflated. We hurried back with the answers that ended up being cheaper and they reduced the amount of the award by that amount. Just make sure the cost you show is the actual costs. If it ends up costing more, you will be stuck with paying the difference. Take your time to research those costs. Don't be in a hurry to reply just to get the award. FEMA has been very helpful and we have no sour grapes about the changes. We are still getting the things we applied for, just saved a little money that will get passed on so that someone else may get funded.
    Congrats on your award !!!

Comment

What did you ask for?

When you filled out your costs sestion of the grant, what did use as a price for the SCBA. I'm curious to hear what SCBA you got prices on and how much you asked for. It may help others to know what FEMA felt was too much....

Comment

We applied for the same SCBA related items as you (face pieces, SCBA's, and compressor/fill station). We were not asked to itemize, as we did that in our grant. We did, however, add a percentage (5% - 15%) to the cost of each itemized item to cover for manufacturer price increases. Budget for the cost so you don't have to pay extra, but be sure to budget enough to cover a price increase in case you don't get awarded till late in the game and manufacturers have already raised prices like they do each year (or try to anyway).

Comment

My grant price got adjusted on SCBA and cascade system. Its all ok though, the costs I listed were what the distributor faxed me. I guess we were originally given retail price, but now cash in hand, their is a little competition for our business.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X