question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

I know this may be a bit out there but can somebody give me the total number of departments in the US, paid, volly, and combo. And also the total amount of cash the Fire Act has obtained since its inception.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

The cash is easy.

2001 - $100 million
    2002 - $350 million
    2003 - $750 million

Each year is the total program including Administrative Costs, not the amount that was available for awards.

The number of departments will take a little more digging. Somewhere I thought FEMA posted the percentage of total US departments that the applicants represented. It was close to 30-35% I think, putting the total number of US departments at close to 60,000. It sounds like a high number but most of the northeast has limits on district size. As I said in another post, PA has close to 3,800 departments, and NY isn't far behind. Someone has to have that statistic. USFA, FEMA, someone.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

reasoning behind my question is probably fairly obivious to a lot of you guys but to those who are not I basicly was wondering if they took all the omoney put into the grants total and divided it up to each dept, what would the total be that each dept got. Well if you dont want to do the math, if you work off BC's numbers its roughly $20,000 per dept. Of course it would all increase as the years pass but as much as that $20,000 would help some depts. imeadiately it would just be a drop in the bucket in the long run.
      After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...