6 questions & 1199A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 questions & 1199A

If FEMA e-mails the 6 questions & 1199A form to the primary contact person and gets no response will they e-mail the alternate contact person? Do they also send an e-mail via the mail center on the FEMA application web site? The reason for the questions is because our primary contact person's computer has been down for some time now.
    Thanks.

I don’t know if FEMA emails the alternate contact if the primary does not respond.

What I do know is that in our case the 1199A request IS in the FEMA site and the email confirming that the 1199A was accepted IS in the mail center. The email with the 7 questions and the confirmation of the receipt of the 7 questions answers was NOT listed in our mail center, it was only sent to the primary contact.

If your primary contact’s computer is down I’d call them and let them know and give them a new primary contact.

Comment

We have received the 7 questions about 3 weeks ago. This week i checked the FEMA site and the SF 1199a form appeared in the Grant Application area. We have not been notified via email directly or on the FEMA message center about the approval of our grant. We do assume that we are in process of receiving our grant. Cant Wait .

We also do not have the manage grant option appearing yet in the FEMA site. Hope to hear soon.

In another grant for a neighboring department which I also helped with they received the 7 questions which was replyed to promptly. The next week on a Tuesday they received the call awarding the grant followed by award notice email on Wednesday. Thursday the FEMA site had all the Grant Management info on the site.

My observation is that there is no real consistant procedure that is followed. But as I read here if you get the 7 question you are almost assured of getting your grant approved. Just make sure you follow the quidelines and jump through the hoops to make FEMA happy.

Patiently waiting in Iowa.

Comment

No consistancy?

Two weeks ago I received and replied to the questions. Since then, there have been no links added to our status page at FEMA. This morning I heard on the local radio station that our department had been awarded a grant. The wierd thing is that we never received a phone call from our congressman or any other advanced warning. I have been checking the websites of FEMA and all of our congressman/senators every hour for the last two weeks, but there has been no information.
        I'm assuming that we have been awarded becasue the information the radio station gave was right, even the correct federal share of the grant.
        This just goes to show you that there is no consistant method to the madness.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X