Question about being contacted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about being contacted

Hey all, I am new to this forum but i have a question that i think you guys can help me with. We got our 7 questions last thurs. and I returned them and got a notice that they recieved them. Then last nite the 1199a link appeared and we filled it out today. Here's the question. While me and the chief went to get papers signed our U.S. congressmans office called and left a message to call them back. When we got back I did so and the lady that called us was not there and I was told to contact her tomorrow. Is this a good sign?? We haven't got the 1199a form in yet, so should the congressmans office be calling?? Any help would be appericated

You're in the money!

I'm not an expert, but I'll bet you $5 that you're grant is announced this week. The phone call from your congressman can only be good news. Congratulations!

Comment

We are indeed in the money, we got the offical notice by email on Friday, same day as the call and the posting. Got to get busy specing out a new engine now

Comment

htvfd

Congratulations!
        We were awarded three weeks ago for a new pumper 1250gpm/1000tank and we didn’t have a vendor decided on at application time. If you know exactly what you want and whom you will get it from then you have better vendors than we do. We were told here is our program truck, put this price in your application.
        My biggest fear is that we don’t get the most truck available for our budget, so I posted a help on new truck thread in fire act and apparatus innovations forums with an e-mail address for dealers to request bid specs.
        We had many suggestions on the forums and as of today, I’ve had 17 e=mails from companies wanting to bid on our truck.
        Good luck
        Brion

Comment

I recommend doing the opposite for 2004. Spec your truck, get prices, and apply for what you want on it. That way if and when the money shows up, you already have the order on it's way. We had our order in the day after we had the money in the bank, so award to order was less than 4 weeks. This way you're not struggling to put those couple of extras that you didn't think of on the truck out of your own pocket.
          Brian P. Vickers
          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
          Emergency Services Consulting
          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Sorry I phrased that wrong about specing out the truck. When we had a meeting with the rep before we applied we did a rough spec of what we thought we needed. That is the amount we applied for. So we got it and now we have to sit down and look that over and decide on everything from there.

BC79er- I take it that if need be we can pay for any additional costs that the grant does not cover. You seem know the in and outs of this grant program. Thanks htvfd

Comment

Now I got you.

Yes, if you add anything, upgrade anything, or have the manufacturer mount things like handlights, tools, etc, etc, that will all be out of your pocket, provided it goes over the total project cost.

But don't forget to ask about prepayment discounts. They changed it this year for vehicles in that you can only request up to 50% of the federal funds at order time. Nearly every manufacturer has chassis prepayment discounts, as well as interest discounts for payment above the chassis discount. You can hand them up to 50% of the feds funds, and your matching, and maybe save a few thousand to stick something else on for the same price. You just have to make sure that FEMA's part of the money is still 90% or less of your total project costs, or 70% depending on your matching requirements. In a nutshell, of you get discounts, stay on the safe side and add back to the project so it costs more than your original application. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to keep you from getting in trouble.
              Brian P. Vickers
              www.vickersconsultingservices.com
              Emergency Services Consulting
              Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
              Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse