Next step???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step???

Got the notification, what's the next step? Should i just bask in the sunlight or should i be looking for something, how do we get the money?
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    Fire Fighter/Driver
    TLVFD, NY

If you will notice on your award letter you will have a period of performance. This will be the one year period in which you can spend the money. You can't request the money before the first day of the performance period. Also FEMA will send you an email to let you know when you are able to request monies. To request them you go online to the e-grants system and click on the "Manage Grant" link then click "Request Funds" link. As long as they have processed your 1199a and you are in your performance period you can request the money. The money will then be electronically transfered to your bank account. You will receive a confirmation email when FEMA approves your request. They say on the site it may take up to 3 weeks but its averaged about 10 days for most.

I would at least go ahead and call your vendors to get updated quotes and see what kind of deals you can work up. Money will talk.
    Last edited by cmjones; 09-04-2003, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Cap
      BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
      Fire Fighter/Driver
      TLVFD, NY

Comment

If you look at the award notification letter on the web site, it should have the contact info for the person managing your award. If you get stuck along the way they can help you out of anything.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse