X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by admpaul View Post
    The one department I'm on we got new turnout gear. Our old gear went to another department i'm on. Now this other department i'm on will be donating that gear to another local department. In 2007 we donated a bunch of old scba to a group that sends donated items over seas and yes we were worried about liability if someone in the states got them and something happened thats why we sent them overseas. No matter how much you think you have your butt covered a lawyer will find a way to come and get you.
    For departments that are really THAT worried about liability, we offer this -

http://www.dfs.dps.mo.gov/dfsdonatedequip.htm

You can even still designate the department the equipment goes to, or the method, we just pass paperwork through the program.

(the Fire Marshals office just got slammed into much smaller quarters, they really don't want to lay hands on the gear, they just want it out there to needy departments.)

Leave a comment:

• Tony4310
    replied
    If anyone has anything they are replacing due to a grant,let me know. We ALWAYS need stuff.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Not in 49 of the 50 states. Only CA has donor liability, all other states are free of this so you can donate without issue. A non-profit in any other state can donate items to any other non-profit in any state but CA and never be held liable.

Leave a comment:

• admpaul
    replied
    The one department I'm on we got new turnout gear. Our old gear went to another department i'm on. Now this other department i'm on will be donating that gear to another local department. In 2007 we donated a bunch of old scba to a group that sends donated items over seas and yes we were worried about liability if someone in the states got them and something happened thats why we sent them overseas. No matter how much you think you have your butt covered a lawyer will find a way to come and get you.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by JSMV72 View Post
    I tried to send you a PM. The web site keeps saying I can't because my private messages are turned off under options. I have looked in my profile info and do not see anywhere to turn them on. That sounds good to me, we would be happy to pay shipping. We need two pair of size 12 medium width. If someone can chime in and tell me what I need to do send you a PM that would be great.
    E-mail sent,,,,,

Leave a comment:

• BCCB
    replied
    I tried to send you a PM. The web site keeps saying I can't because my private messages are turned off under options. I have looked in my profile info and do not see anywhere to turn them on. That sounds good to me, we would be happy to pay shipping. We need two pair of size 12 medium width. If someone can chime in and tell me what I need to do send you a PM that would be great.
    Log into your profile. Find "settings and options". Click on "edit options". then scroll down to find "enable private messaging" click on the box to check it. This should enable the PM feature.

Leave a comment:

• JSMV72
    replied
    Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Send me a PM with what sizes/widths you need , if you pay the shipping we can probably help you out.

Leave a comment:

• BCCB
    replied
    Originally posted by BCCB View Post
    I know of about a dozen and a half wire frame scott 4.5 harnesses that are available. They are NFPA 1997 edition compliant. Equipped with integrated PASS. No masks, cylinders or RIT connections. Bi-annual flow test records are current. Units taken out of service a couple of months ago when replaced with newer harnesses.

If you pay shipping, agree that donation is as is, no warranty is made and will perform your own inspection or testing prior to use I can work to arrange donation to your department.

Send PM or email if interested.

Already have a taker for these. Hope they go to good use and are a benefit to another department.

Leave a comment:

• BCCB
    replied
    I know of about a dozen and a half wire frame scott 4.5 harnesses that are available. They are NFPA 1997 edition compliant. Equipped with integrated PASS. No masks, cylinders or RIT connections. Bi-annual flow test records are current. Units taken out of service a couple of months ago when replaced with newer harnesses.

If you pay shipping, agree that donation is as is, no warranty is made and will perform your own inspection or testing prior to use I can work to arrange donation to your department.

Send PM or email if interested.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    We have donated several pieces of our equipment to our mutual aid neighbors. We are currently in need of just a few boots for some of our junior FF. All of our old boots that we replaced are too small. We need some size 11 and 12. If anyone has some that they would be willing to donate to hep support our juniors program the kids would appreciate it. You can email me a [email protected] Thanks
    Send me a PM with what sizes/widths you need , if you pay the shipping we can probably help you out.

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    replied
    Not free, but we have a 1977 Ford/E-One pumper that is surplus. Diesel, auto, 1000 pump that passed test this month, 500 tank. The cab has some rust but the fire body is aluminum and in good shape. It runs like a scalded cat.

It could sure use a good home, and it could find its way to one real, real cheap. We are storing it in borrowed space with a very short time frame to vacate.

PM me!

Leave a comment:

• JSMV72
    replied
    We have donated several pieces of our equipment to our mutual aid neighbors. We are currently in need of just a few boots for some of our junior FF. All of our old boots that we replaced are too small. We need some size 11 and 12. If anyone has some that they would be willing to donate to hep support our juniors program the kids would appreciate it. You can email me a [email protected] Thanks

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by mwtetreault View Post
    I don't disagree with donating your old stuff, but in the apparatus portion of the grant don't you need to agree to take old apparatus out of service? Donating it to another department would seem in violation of the program guidance. Second, could this lead to what is perceived as abuse of the grant system. I have an old SCBA that get replace by AFG, then I give that SCBA to another department who then applies for a grant and replaces the SCBA. AFG could end up replacing the same SCBA numerous times? Just something to consider.
    Mark
    Yep, in apparatus you have to get rid of it outside of the fire service.

Equipment however has not been banned from donating, in fact many at the project office suggest or at least condone it.

I just hope people keep the stuff in the US, too many departments still in need.

Leave a comment:

• mwtetreault
    replied
    Shipping

For shipping out of the country check with the National Guard. They helped us a few years ago ship a bunch of stuff to El Salvador. It may sit for a while until they have a scheduled flight but they may ship it for free.
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    [QUOTE=shawnvfd;1221980]
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    ShawnVFD - tell us a bit more about your department, location etc. Many of us can help. Saying you need everything is a bit much though, as surely you have SOMETHING. Be specific.

to start ..
    there is 15 members
    we are located in trade,tn
    Station location

all coutry roads
    funding is very limited due to the area. we are currently making a website with a donation/store page to see if this would help with funds-website is done for free
    the trucks run and are ok but have problems with them
    engine is fine (radiator is leaking , were going to try and fix that)
    tanker truck.. Pump seems to be going out (were working on that - just fixed the brakes last month @1200.00 now this)
    our turnout gear most have holes in them. all are over 10 years old except for 2 of them
    we have 4 scba's (we need to get more tho)
    radios/pagers are good
    the main thing we really need is brush gear/turnout gear

on a positive note. We do have a new person that joined and can help with grant writing and we can try for some grants this coming year.

and to us turnout gear/brush gear is everything to us.

Drop me an email. [email protected] Got some stuff for you.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X