How do you change grant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you change grant?

Part of my grant was for 10 new portable radios. They were budgeted at $750 each for total of $7,500.00. We had just ordered 3 at that price. I have now found a new supplier and can get them for $575 each. Thus I can now get 13 for the price of the 10 I asked for on the grant. What is the process to try to change the qty now that grant money is already received? I know that we will have to send back part of the money (difference in price) if I can't change the quantity.

Thanks for the help!

Check your Award Package - Article VI - it says that you can request an amendment by clicking the Grants Management option and selecting tthe option for amendment requests.

Comment

I just submitted the amendment. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a reply?

Comment

You should be getting a confirming e-mail within 48 hours of your change. That's about how long it took to get ours changed.
        Steve Dragon
        FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
        Volunteers are never "off duty".
        http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

I may not be reading this correctly, and please correct me if I am, but as far as having excess federal money, you do not have to send anything back. If you have surplus money (which we will end up with about 2,500 - 4,000 or so excess, you can use it to purchase more equipment as long as it is within the same scope of your grant and you purchase equipment related to the categories/activities you applied for.

Comment

As I understand the rules, you are correct as long as the excess is not over 10% of the original grant. It might be prudently safe to notify FEMA of the excess and your plans for it.

Comment

you are correct as long as the excess is not over 10% of the original grant
              It is either that or if a single purchase is more than $5,000.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X