1199A Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1199A Question

Just checked our dept's status and the "update 1199a" link has appeared. Is this something every applicant receives or is it a step toward getting an award. Have not received any other emails or contacts as of yet.
    The opinions and questions presented here are my own, and not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for !

Update the 1199a NOW, get it sent out Priority Mail, and check your main contact's e-mail frequently. When you receive six questions by e-mail, answer them immediately.

Officially, it's nothing yet. Unofficially, check champagne prices in your area.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

how to check department status

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I check department status to see if I need to update an 1199a. I am the main contact for the department and I have received the 6 questions, 4 weeks ago, but have not heard anything at all yet. Can you shed light on this.
      Originally posted by EastKyFF
      Update the 1199a NOW, get it sent out Priority Mail, and check your main contact's e-mail frequently. When you receive six questions by e-mail, answer them immediately.

Officially, it's nothing yet. Unofficially, check champagne prices in your area.
      fireweasel

Comment

Check your application, that's where you'll find it

Comment

THis is no time to worry about whether a question is dumb! Get your bases covered! Log into your app and look there where it says "View Application" and "Grant/Revoke Access". The 1199a link will be added there and say "Update 1199a".

You should absolutely HAUNT that app until that 1199a is taken care of!
          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

completed the form

Hey, thanks for the info. I completed the 1199a form Friday. Took it to the bank, and filled it out. Then went straight to Fed Ex. Sent it overnight. It was there this morning. Now I suspose it is a wait game. Has already been four weeks, and nothing since I answered the six questions. Something else. I know another dept. that had there forms already filled out and they have been four weeks also since the six questions. Any ideas??
            fireweasel

Comment

I'd say you're experiencing the speed of government: lots of work and few people to get it done. I guarantee that they are loaded with voice mails and emails. There's only a few that are handling notification and pre-money concerns, a few handling in-progress, and a few handling closeouts and audits. They have to compile everyone's 1199A and 6 questions and so it all goes into one pile, so those that get it all back quicker and get checked out quicker, get notified faster.
              Brian P. Vickers
              www.vickersconsultingservices.com
              Emergency Services Consulting
              Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
              Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Another 1199A question

For all of you that have already received the 1199A link, did it come on any one day more than the other? Like Monday and not Friday. I am wondering if I can get a day off from logging on to our app. because I am getting blisters from typing with my fingers crossed.
                Thanks

Comment

One early on a Wednesday morning, one late on a Wednesday evening; I have heard some say that most went out on Monday and Tuesday. No solid proof; just wear gloves, I guess.
                  ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

1199 Link

I just checked my app and have the 1199 link.

I keep looking at it and can't believe what I am seeing.

This is the third year that we have tried replacing a 1950's Wildland unit that is on loan to us.

I just can't believe it, and I know that the money isn't in the bank yet.

I was prepared for the "Dear John" e-mail, and now I am feeling the glimmer that we might actually get funded.

How long does this feeling last?

The confusion and joy at the same time that you might actually be a recipient...

Members of the department wanted to apply for turnout gear and SCBA's that were much less of a need that replacing a dangerous vehicle because they thought it was a sure way to get funded.

So I convinced them to try again...

Boy do I hope that this isn't a mistake.

Scott Lang
                    Assistant Fire Chief
                    Arlington, VT

Comment

We received our 1199A Link on 7/2/03 (Wed)
                      We received our 6 Questions on 7/23/03 (Wed) which was 3 weeks later

Notificaton from Senator Harkin on 8/6/03 (Wed) and also received the email from FEMA on Friday 8/8/03.

So yes it does take some time after you get these items to offically get awarder. But it's worth the wait.

Comment

Re: 1199 Link

Originally posted by Arlingtonfire
                        I just checked my app and have the 1199 link.

I keep looking at it and can't believe what I am seeing.

Boy do I hope that this isn't a mistake.

No mistake, my good man. I have never heard of anyone getting an 1199a and NOT getting funded. I think you chose correctly; good job! If you made a legit case to FEMA to get a vehicle, you have done well, given the restrictions on vehicle grants.

It's almost time to go shopping, pal!
                        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

1199a and 6 questions

As I posted earlier we received our Update 1199a link on Thursday Aug. 21 and then we received the 6 questions email on Saturday Aug. 23. Sent the 1199a back on Friday Aug. 22 by Priority Mail with signature confirmation. Was signed for by a R TATE with FEMA on Monday AM. Sent email reply back as fast as I could type it and hit the send button. Now I guess were are waiting on a phone call from ourt Congressman and the award notice email. Things are looking pretty good I think. Still have our fingers crossed!!
                          The opinions and questions presented here are my own, and not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for !

Comment

1199a

I recvd email with the 6 questions on 8-18, and the 1199a was alreadt there, filled out and submitted both and priority mailed 1199 on 8-25, I was out of town with know way to get it sighned and maild.

Just hopeing and waiting.

FYI, We asked for a truck.

Comment

How It Worked For Us

WE received the 1199a update on Fri. Aug 1, mailed it back express on Aug. 4. Then we received an e-mail with the 6 questions on Aug. 9 and answered them before the screen had lit up completely. We were announced successful on Aug. 21. Now we are shopping for a used tanker to replace a 1955 Kaiser that has no trailer brakes (any classic car buffs interested?).
                              Sure want to thank everyone out there for the insight provided over the last couple of years that very much helped us with this year's request - especially Brian.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X