Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC79er
    replied
    I'd reply to the email and then follow it up with a phone call just to make sure. Since learning of that one guy Tim or Tom or whoever leaving his job and leaving a pile of junk on his desk, I'd double check with the phone call. Never hurts to answer them twice, but it will if they get no answer.

I'll say the Congrats, and I'll put you at 100% of getting the money. Get out the purchase orders, time to go shopping.

Leave a comment:

• sgvfccaptain
    replied
    People need to start checking their emails on Saturday. I just received the 6 questions (mine had 8). The two other questions others are not receiving are about a $12,000 cap on TIC, and about federal funds received last year (FEMA Grant). My question is do I reply by email or mail it back or both. I think we have a 80% at receiving the grant. Smiling big in Virginia!!!

Matt

Leave a comment:

• TLFD40
    replied
    Way to go

Congrats Traveler, we missed this round because of my stupidity, so hopefully we will get the call within two weeks or so!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• traveler403
    replied
    You guys were right on. Got the call from my congressman today! Will be awarded tomorrow!! WHOOT!

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Not that anyone has heard of yet. The government-speak requires that they deny any award until it's offically announced, which is why FEMA can't tell you one way or the other. Plus, you don't think that they'd actually ask for more work if they didn't have a reason do you? They have to check all of that banking info on the form and contact the institution and all that, which would be a waste of time for those that aren't getting awards.

Leave a comment:

• TLFD40
    replied
    All done

Everything is done and mailed, just have to wait by the phone and keep checking the Congressman's web page. I talked to FEMA and they said there is a two to three week wait from the time they recive the 1199 to the award. AM I COUNTING THE CHICKS BEFORE THEY HATCH HERE??
    I am under the impression we are getting the grant. Has anybody filled all this out and not get the grant?

Leave a comment:

• Thehangedfrog
    replied
    Re: More ????

Originally posted by TLFD40
    What is the check digit part that the Financial Institution has to put in, i am asking because our bank has never dealt with grant awards before, and then again neither have I.
    Your bank will know what a check digit is.

Check Digit: A digit, often the final digit of a number and usually calculated by applying an
    algorithm to all or some of the digits in the number, which may be used to test validity of the noncheck-
    digit number. For example, routing/transit numbers have nine digits, eight of which provided
    FI identification information and the ninth is the check digit.

This is the definition of the ECC (Electronic Check Council)

THF

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    replied
    Originally posted by FF41230
    Oh this is very usfull info. Also congrats to EastKyFF's dept. I read in the Big Sandy that you all got a grant.
    Thanks, pal. We are thrilled; spent two hours Saturday with a training media salesman at Hazard fire school picking out videos, books, DVD's, etc. Also getting all new turnout gear and retrofitting our packs w/integrated PASS, and replacing some old bottles.

Did you all put in?

Leave a comment:

• TLFD40
    replied
    Thanks

I just want to extend my thanks. You guys/gals are really helpful.
    Again thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ironhead2
    replied
    1199a printing info

Hey TLFD40 !! Had the same problem you are having printing the 1199a. If you are using MS Internet Explorer click on tools, internet options, advanced tab and the look under printing ( down the list some ) on make sure "Print background colors and images" is checked. It will then print correctly, or it should! Also the check digit info will be known by your banking institution. I learned all this just this week when we got our updat 1199a notice! Good luck !!

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic11
    replied
    TLFD,
    YOU NEED TO FILL THE FORM OUT AND TAKE IT TO THE BANK AND HAVE THEM FILL THEIR PART OUT. SEND IT INTO FEMA ASAP. THE SOONER YOU GET IT IN THE SOONER YOU'LL HEAR ABOUT BEING AWARDED THE MONEY YOU REQUESTED. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WELL ONE THE WAY.

Leave a comment:

• TLFD40
    replied
    More questions

Should i mail the 1199a in or wait for FEMA to ask for it? I have read about 100 posts on the grants and i am a little confused about this part of the process.

Leave a comment:

• TLFD40
    replied
    More ????

Thanks Saint, guess that answers my question as to why I haven't heard anything. Why don't they tell you about filling out the 1199a, i was under the impression it does not get filled out until you are awarded the grant. ??? When i printed out the 1199, none of the boxes show, just the text, is that the way all of yours printed? I played with the settings on my printer, but no change. What is the check digit part that the Financial Institution has to put in, i am asking because our bank has never dealt with grant awards before, and then again neither have I.

Leave a comment:

• stfloran81
    replied
    You need to get the 1199a filled out post haste. Send it back priority mail and in a couple weeks you should be very happy.

Leave a comment:

• TLFD40
    replied
    GOT THEM BOTH

i HAVE THE 6 QUESTIONS AND THE 1199A. WHEN DO I FILL OUT THE 1199A? 6 QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED.

STAY SAFE

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X