Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More ????

Originally posted by TLFD40
    What is the check digit part that the Financial Institution has to put in, i am asking because our bank has never dealt with grant awards before, and then again neither have I.
    Your bank will know what a check digit is.

Check Digit: A digit, often the final digit of a number and usually calculated by applying an
    algorithm to all or some of the digits in the number, which may be used to test validity of the noncheck-
    digit number. For example, routing/transit numbers have nine digits, eight of which provided
    FI identification information and the ninth is the check digit.

This is the definition of the ECC (Electronic Check Council)

THF

Comment

All done

Everything is done and mailed, just have to wait by the phone and keep checking the Congressman's web page. I talked to FEMA and they said there is a two to three week wait from the time they recive the 1199 to the award. AM I COUNTING THE CHICKS BEFORE THEY HATCH HERE??
      I am under the impression we are getting the grant. Has anybody filled all this out and not get the grant?
      BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
      Fire Fighter/Driver
      TLVFD, NY

Comment

Not that anyone has heard of yet. The government-speak requires that they deny any award until it's offically announced, which is why FEMA can't tell you one way or the other. Plus, you don't think that they'd actually ask for more work if they didn't have a reason do you? They have to check all of that banking info on the form and contact the institution and all that, which would be a waste of time for those that aren't getting awards.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

You guys were right on. Got the call from my congressman today! Will be awarded tomorrow!! WHOOT!

Comment

Way to go

Congrats Traveler, we missed this round because of my stupidity, so hopefully we will get the call within two weeks or so!!!!!!
            BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
            Fire Fighter/Driver
            TLVFD, NY

Comment

People need to start checking their emails on Saturday. I just received the 6 questions (mine had 8). The two other questions others are not receiving are about a $12,000 cap on TIC, and about federal funds received last year (FEMA Grant). My question is do I reply by email or mail it back or both. I think we have a 80% at receiving the grant. Smiling big in Virginia!!!

Matt
              Matt Reardon
              Singers Glen Vol. Fire Co.

Comment

I'd reply to the email and then follow it up with a phone call just to make sure. Since learning of that one guy Tim or Tom or whoever leaving his job and leaving a pile of junk on his desk, I'd double check with the phone call. Never hurts to answer them twice, but it will if they get no answer.

I'll say the Congrats, and I'll put you at 100% of getting the money. Get out the purchase orders, time to go shopping.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                Emergency Services Consulting
                Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse