Got the 6 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the 6 Questions

Got the 6 questions a week ago. Think we will get awarded tomorrow or next week?

Nope, unless you have an 1199a on file from last year, and maybe not even then. If you don't, you will have to get it and get it back to them before you will be announced. We got the 6Q & 1199a the same day, a Wednesday, and were announced 9 days later. Another FD in my county got the 1199a 22 days after the 6Q. No pattern to it. But the good news is you got the 6Q!

Congrats!
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We have the 1199a from last year.

Comment

I'd say you'll hear from your member of Congress next week and be on the announcements one week from today. Congratulations!
        “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

EastKyFF May I ask what is the 1199a form you are speaking about. I am a fire chief from WV and we also recieved the 6 questions by email 4 weeks ago, but have not heard anything since. Everyone I speak with that has gotten this has said they received a notice within three weeks. Can you or someone shed some light on this, I could use some help understanding what is going on.
          Originally posted by EastKyFF
          Nope, unless you have an 1199a on file from last year, and maybe not even then. If you don't, you will have to get it and get it back to them before you will be announced. We got the 6Q & 1199a the same day, a Wednesday, and were announced 9 days later. Another FD in my county got the 1199a 22 days after the 6Q. No pattern to it. But the good news is you got the 6Q!

Congrats!
          What is the 1199a
          fireweasel

Comment

The form 1199a is a federal direct deposit form. You will never receive a real live check from FEMA--those big ones in the photo shoots are fake; did you know that? I didn't!

Instead, everything is done electronically. Once you update the 1199a, you are in the final processes of being awarded. "If" you are awarded, you will soon be able to request funds for the things your grant will purchase. You will log back in, ask for the cash, and the appropriate amount will be wired into your back account.

To watch for the 1199a:

Log back on to your application on the FEMA site (the same way you logged in to apply). Over where it says "View Application" and "Grant/Revoke Access", there will (someday) be a link that says "Update 1199a". Once that link appears, fill out the online version AND be sure to PRINT the hard copy for signing by your treasurer and by an official of your bank. Send that thing to FEMA fast--use Priority Mail or something.

Check that application several times a day!

Good luck!
            Last edited by EastKyFF; 08-22-2003, 03:02 PM.
            ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Oh this is very usfull info. Also congrats to EastKyFF's dept. I read in the Big Sandy that you all got a grant.
              "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Comment

GOT THEM BOTH

i HAVE THE 6 QUESTIONS AND THE 1199A. WHEN DO I FILL OUT THE 1199A? 6 QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED.

STAY SAFE
                BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
                Fire Fighter/Driver
                TLVFD, NY

Comment

You need to get the 1199a filled out post haste. Send it back priority mail and in a couple weeks you should be very happy.

Comment

More ????

Thanks Saint, guess that answers my question as to why I haven't heard anything. Why don't they tell you about filling out the 1199a, i was under the impression it does not get filled out until you are awarded the grant. ??? When i printed out the 1199, none of the boxes show, just the text, is that the way all of yours printed? I played with the settings on my printer, but no change. What is the check digit part that the Financial Institution has to put in, i am asking because our bank has never dealt with grant awards before, and then again neither have I.
                    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
                    Fire Fighter/Driver
                    TLVFD, NY

Comment

More questions

Should i mail the 1199a in or wait for FEMA to ask for it? I have read about 100 posts on the grants and i am a little confused about this part of the process.
                      BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
                      Fire Fighter/Driver
                      TLVFD, NY

Comment

TLFD,
                        YOU NEED TO FILL THE FORM OUT AND TAKE IT TO THE BANK AND HAVE THEM FILL THEIR PART OUT. SEND IT INTO FEMA ASAP. THE SOONER YOU GET IT IN THE SOONER YOU'LL HEAR ABOUT BEING AWARDED THE MONEY YOU REQUESTED. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WELL ONE THE WAY.

Comment

1199a printing info

Hey TLFD40 !! Had the same problem you are having printing the 1199a. If you are using MS Internet Explorer click on tools, internet options, advanced tab and the look under printing ( down the list some ) on make sure "Print background colors and images" is checked. It will then print correctly, or it should! Also the check digit info will be known by your banking institution. I learned all this just this week when we got our updat 1199a notice! Good luck !!
                          The opinions and questions presented here are my own, and not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for !

Comment

Thanks

I just want to extend my thanks. You guys/gals are really helpful.
                            Again thanks!!!!!!!!!!
                            BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
                            Fire Fighter/Driver
                            TLVFD, NY

Comment

Originally posted by FF41230
                              Oh this is very usfull info. Also congrats to EastKyFF's dept. I read in the Big Sandy that you all got a grant.
                              Thanks, pal. We are thrilled; spent two hours Saturday with a training media salesman at Hazard fire school picking out videos, books, DVD's, etc. Also getting all new turnout gear and retrofitting our packs w/integrated PASS, and replacing some old bottles.

Did you all put in?
                              ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X