Round 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 10

Learned today from local newspaper that we were awarded. Got six questions and 1199a link on 8-4. Still no official word from FEMA other than we are listed in round 10 awards on their site. Getting 96k for SCBA with HUD and integrated PASS.

Stay safe and good luck to those who are still waiting. This was our third attempt and first award.

Our congressman sent out press releases on a Thursday and FEMA released it the next day, so FEMA is actually among the last to announce it.

Congratulations! Time to go shopping!
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We found out yesterday morning from our rep. $52,346 for 15 new packs, 15 spare bottles, and masks for everyone.

Im glad we got this, our current packs work but are really old.

.zimm

Comment

Congrats on getting your grant! What kind of pack are you looking at? Just curious to see what kind of price they are offering.

Comment

We are looking at Scotts right now. We had a demo of a MSA pack a few weeks ago and we didn’t like how there was so much plastic in the harness and how the regulator was held on with plastic to the mask (I did like how the mask gave a wider view compared to our old Scotts). As for models and pricing, we are going to stay with 2200 pressure (that is what our cascade is), but as for models, hopefully the newest model they have. I wish we could get some of the 1hr bottles for RIT but I don’t make the decisions.

On a side note: Once you order new packs with all the goodies, how long is it for delivery? Do you have to wait for production or are they pretty fast on sending them? (Have a training burn coming up in early Oct. and would like to see how they handle in a controlled environment.)

.zimm

Comment

Originally posted by HPFD25
            On a side note: Once you order new packs with all the goodies, how long is it for delivery? Do you have to wait for production or are they pretty fast on sending them? (Have a training burn coming up in early Oct. and would like to see how they handle in a controlled environment.)

.zimm
            I'm not sure about a larger order, but we ordered 3 new scott Ap50's with all the goodies and got them in a month.

-Nick

Comment

Our department ordered 22 new airpacks with 22 extra bottles back in early March. They arrived the middle of July. It took ours a little longer since ours was order just after the change over to the new NFPA standard. Congrads on your grant. Hope we here something soon.

Firedog12

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X