How about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this?

Instead of some of us having to wait 15 months for our rejection letter, maybe Fema could rank our apps on a 1-10 scale and e-mail this to us. With a 10 being already awarded and a 1 with 99% chance of rejection. If this could happen, a lot of us could move on and have a couple more pancake breakfasts to buy 1 SCBA. Just a thought.

Great idea water boy but I don't think this is going to happen. The peer review process should already have rated all apps that made it through the computer grading. I don't think those that didn't make it through the initial computer grading process have been notified. I think it is imortant to get the notifications to the winners as soon as possible. I also think it is just as important to notify those that will not receive the grant. I know there are many reasons and justifications as to why FEMA and the US Fire Administration have not notified the depts that will not be funded, but I don't think anyone has looked for one justification to notify those that have not presented a convincing case in the grant process. For some of those departments this will add another variable in the juggling of funds to make the fire dept operation work. For those that have a small budget and you have matching funds set aside in hopes of receiving a grant, this can only mean that you have elected to not fund a need in order receive the grant and you may not get an answer until next June.

Comment

After looking through last years threads it looks like the first Dear John went out on 8-9-02

Comment

Considering that they said that they will be notifying applicants why the application was rejected, it is going to take longer. I'd rather have it this because we will know why it was rejected, not just that it was, so it will be a learning process so the same mistakes that people have been making won't happen again next time around. They probably didn't automate that for the 6000 that didn't make it to peer review, otherwise that would have made things a little faster. Being a software guy I know, the instant you put humans in the process, things slow down. 98% of a computer's time is spent waiting for user input. Which is why mine are well-rested.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse