Vehicle grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle grants

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this in your areas....I see that with 8 rounds of grants completed, I only saw Firefighting Vehicle grants awarded in Round 1...Every round since then has been almost all Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety (at least here in Louisiana). Have you found this to be the case in your area? Do you think this means that they have awarded all the vehicle grants they intend to give? I'm beginning to feel a little discouraged by this. What are your opinions on this? Does anyone have the answer?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

I've seen a few vehicle awards since the first round.

They have a specific amount (I'm too lazy to look it up right now) pre-allocated for vehicles. They will rank the applications, and award vehicles throughout the process until they run out of vehicle money.

We also asked for a vehicle this time around (a relatively modest $20,000 vehicle), but we're trying to replace an old one rather that acquire something we don't have, so we're probably in the "B" stack.
    Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Comment

The most that can go for vehicles is 25% of the total monies available, which leaves right around $90 million as the cap.

The bulk of the vehicle grants did seem to come early, sprinkled with a few in other rounds, but not a whole lot of late.

There are plenty more to come. One I know of for sure since CusterFireman is saying he got his 1199A, and I reviewed his application prior to submittal. Definitely a needed pumper for his department.

Good luck to all still waiting.
      Congrats to all that have heard good news.

Stay safe.

Brian
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Vehicle Grants

I have noticed the same, however, I spoke with a FEMA Grant rep. yesterday he stated that is not the case. He further stated the applications are being awarded in order of the points for which they scored and that the awards will probably continue through June 2004.

Comment

Eeeeek, June 2004?

So, in theory, we could be have next years grant application submitted (assuming its funded again) for the same thing we haven't been notified about this year, and then receive a 2003 grant thereby making the 2004 application wasted for something you already have?

Does that make sense? Hopefully all the Dear (Insert whatever you wanna call em here) letters will be out before the 2004 program kicks off....

Comment

More analysis....

Through 10 Rounds

EMS - 17 Awards, $561,068
            Ops & Safety - 2,041 Awards, $119,427,729
            Prevention - 59 Awards, $1,970,727
            Vehicles - 245 Awards, $28,066,487 (max ~$190,000,000)

Plenty of time and money left. Of course out of the 18 Awards for Vehicles over $200K, PA has 6, TX has none. Missouri and Washington State are the only other states that have 2 or more awards over $200K in Vehicles.
            Brian P. Vickers
            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
            Emergency Services Consulting
            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse