1199A Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1199A Update

Finally got the 1199A update form which will be filled out tonight BUT haven't received the 6 questions I guess ya got to submit your 1199A form first.....

What is the time span from the time you get the 1199A form to the six questions to the time you are awarded..... We applied for a 200,000 dollar 2004 Freightliner M2 Pumper.....

I believe our third time is the charm

Thanks everyone for their help in this matter

John Betner
    Firefighter
    Custer Area Fire & Rescue

I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating. Apparently the sequence of events depends on your case worker. I wrote three apps this year and got the six questions on one of them Tuesday, but still haven't gotten the 1199a update. I got the six questions on another last night and the 1199a link was already active on our application. So there appears to be no relation; the two apps were serviced by two different people at FEMA.

I'm now at 54 hrs. since the 6 questions on that first one and still no 1199a. I expect it any time.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I received my 6 questions 13 days after my 1199a
      IACOJ Agitator
      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Adze39 and I both received our 1199A request on the same day. I got my 6 questions today (14 days) from the 1199A request. My 6 questions came via a phone call....not an email. The questioner told me it could be up to 1 month before we receive the official confirmation on the grant. He followed that up with the statement "I can't tell you that you got the grant; however, we wouldn't go to this much trouble if you hadn't been awarded [the grant]." Good luck to all, we didn't get funded last year but we did get funded the first year.

Comment

One of my "six questions" e-mails opened with "Dear Grantee". This isn't notification?!?

Well, politicians don't like their thunder stolen. We need to practice up on feigning surprise for when they call!
          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I know it has been asked before, but has anyone got the 1199a link and then not been funded?

We got the link yesterday and it just seems too good to be true!

Comment

Mr. Electric Guy (oh, I'm sorry, Eclectic!):

Trust me, FEMA does not want to be snowed under with thousands of 1199a's that they don't need. I feel 100% confident that either the six questions or the 1199a, or both, are unofficially official notification.

I have never heard of anybody that got either thing and didn't get funded. I know what you're feeling; I have been pinching myself continuously since Tuesday!

And by the way, are you anywhere near Guntersville, my ancestral home?
              ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thanks EastKyFF, that's what I feel like too from reading these forums but I just can't believe we actually got it and I needed a little reassurance! I was talking to one of our members on the phone when I checked our app and he thought he had lost the connection. I was literally speechless for several seconds.

I'm a good 3 hours away from Guntersville, but my Grandparents lived in Scottsboro which is just a hop away from Guntersville. I've spent many summers fishing the same fine Tennessee river as your ancestors. It is a beautiful area of the state.

Comment

It's been 22 days and counting since we answered the 6 questions and still no 1199a update request. This is driving me crazy.

Comment

3rd try, still waiting

Was in till last round last year, didn't get Dear John'd till Dec. 17, and pretty close to the same request this year. When making small talk (when phoned FEMA with a question on this years applic.) gentleman on the phone said that being in so late last year could be a good indication for this years, but this waiting is tough. Gee Tues. is my birthday, you all know what I want. I know its still early, only about 1/7th of the $ award amount announced, but our immeadiate neighbors to the south got it in the 6th round. That worries me a little with the 'geographic distribution' statments, were a small rural county, not begrudging our neighbors but that scares me a bit. Had 3 our of 13 depts. in county get it last year, I think only 1 the 1st year. I know its to early to get anxious about getting dear john'd but......... in the famous word(s?) of Mr. Charlie Brown....."AARRRRAAAUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH"

BE SAFE OUT THERE, and good luck to all applications.
                    (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
                    BE SAFE OUT THERE
                    NEVER FORGET
                    GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
                    IACOJ
                    F.O.O.P.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...