6 Questions before 1199a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Questions before 1199a

I received and answered the 6 questions today 7/30 but have not received info on the 1199a and the web-site hasn't requested anything. Any thoughts on this.

We had the same thing on July 10th. Still haven't heard anything. Not sure what to make of it.

Comment

I think it depends on the staffer who is working with you. I wrote three grants this year (for three different FD's, mind you). Got the six questions on one of them Tuesday; still no 1199a. Then I got the six questions on another last night, and the 1199a was already on the web site. The e-mails were from different FEMA staffers, so it's probably just a matter of how individuals operate. I've heard of some getting 1199a's first, then six questions, others the opposite, and my own experience, the same time.
      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

1199a received

We received or 1199a link today. It was 5 days from the 6 questions until the link appeared. I wonder how long before official notice is sent and how long after that until our money is transfered.

Comment

Got six questions today and also 1199a link today. Sent reply to six questions before monitor had a chance to even warm up. Going to bank this afternoon with treasurer to take care of 119a update. Waiting with renewed enthusiasm.

Ron

Comment

Fire16Captain - You'll have to make the request to transfer funds through the web site after the award is announced publicly and the award package link is posted on the site as well. You can make the request at any time after that point, you just have to be able to spend the entire amount within 30 days of when it is deposited in your account. The fine print says it may take up to 30 days to make the transfer, but ours only took 12 days last year.

ffemt1977 - while you're waiting I'd fill out the Purchase Order paperwork.

Congrats to all.

Brian
            Brian P. Vickers
            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
            Emergency Services Consulting
            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Still no 1199a link...since July 10th.
              Any one else waiting anywhere close to this long for the magical 1199a after the 6 questions?

Comment

They're probably back into the groove from last year, which left anywhere from 2-4 weeks between the 1199A and the questions, and another 1-2 weeks after that for announcement. The volume of the awards will keep going down as we get closer to the end. The last set of rounds will probably be a lot of high $$ grants. Considering there's only going to be 7000 total and we're close to the 2000 mark already, with around $630 mil left. I speculate that the time between the pre-notifications and notification will decrease back to what it was in the first few rounds, as the early birds get their money and run, which will decrease the work load on the crew up there.

If it's been a long time, drop them an email or phone call and make sure they got your answers to the questions. Word here has been that 1199A shows up first, but you may be the exception to that rule. It won't take much time for them to answer, and if they haven't gotten it back, you can give it to them right then and there and speed up the process.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                Emergency Services Consulting
                Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Update

Just an update, again I received the 6 questions on the 7/30, the 1199a on the 8/4, mailed in Express Mail (delivered today 8/5) and our grant was for $197,000 (Air packs and compressor). We haven’t got the official notification yet but it’s my understanding that if you make it this far is a sure thing. I firmly believe there is no rime or reason to this grant awarding processes. My advice is keep your fingers crossed and pray for the best.

Comment

I received an email last Thursday morning saying my 6 questions were processed and that my application was sent to the next phase. How long can it take after that to receive official notification?
                    IACOJ Agitator
                    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

We received the six questions, via e-mail 8/4/03. Right after I read and answered the six questions, I went to my grant and the 1199a link was there. Got our fingers crossed!!!!

Comment

I found the Link to the 1199A on my grant status today! No 6 questions yet, but after 2 years of trying it looks like the 3rd time is a charm!

Comment

Found the link to the 1199a Saturday 8-9, Have not seen the 6 questions. If it works as last year the question came about 1 week after the 1199a link....soooooooo we are sitting in West Central Georgia with everthing possible crossed.............Looks better today than Friday.

Be safe......

Comment

We got the 1199a link on Thursday afternoon, 7/31. We completed it online that afternoon and sent the paper copy on Friday. We got the 6 questions yesterday, 11 calendar days after getting and completing the 1199a link. I talked to the FEMA rep after I got the six questions and she said that "she couldn't confirm our award, but we should hear something within 30 days".

Now to throw some praise at FEMA. First, the phone number provided didn't go to a voicemail or menu system - the person that signed our app actually answered the phone. VERY NICE. Also, the rep was incredibly friendly and helpful. We had a typo in the overview section of our app which concerned me greatly (particularly since I wrote the app) but she took care of it in a snap.

Like Adze39, we got another e-mail yesterday afternoon saying our app had gone to the next level. I sure hope that means a press release!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X