Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there the official word feels great

Fellow Firefighters,

Guys hang in there. These timelines will give you a bit more hope but they don't appear to be written in stone. There seems to be a huge amount of paperwork that needs to be done for each and evey grant with only a small number of folks working on it. I was very impressed that we received our notification in the 7th Round. I figured it would drag out 6 weeks or so. But the good news came much earlier than that. We recieved the 1199a on July 2nd. We got our 6 questions on the 12th of July. The grant was awarded in Round 7 on the 25th. Good Luck & Remember that phone call makes all this work and wishing very worth it.
    GB

Comment

I received the 1199a 11 days ago and still haven't received the 6 magic questions. They're making me worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      IACOJ Agitator
      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Maybe they went to the wrong van down by the river.....
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

We got the 6 questions on July 10th but havent seen the 1199a link to date. I hope that isn't a bad sign.

Comment

I just received my 6 questions this afternoon!!! I'm excited!
            IACOJ Agitator
            Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Don't worry too much about a set timeline. I got the 6 question E-mail last Friday, a phone call from Senator Bond on Wednesday, and the official E-mail notice of award today (Friday)Start to finish in one week.

Last year, it seems they were all a week or so apart.

Two in a row. This should prove that the little departments can do it. We're less than 100 calls per year including EMS, 18 FF's, and a budget less than 25K. Don't make a Christmas list, play by their rules and write a concise request. That's all it takes.

Don Cheek, Asst. Chief
              Lakeview Heights FPD
              Lincoln, MO

Comment

We Got It!!!! I hope!!!!

On the firehouse notification in Round 9 we are on the list but we have not received anything official from FEMA!!! I hope everything is ok!!! This proves that a bunch of country boys can get some money!!! Has anybody else not received official word before seeing the notifcation elsewhere!!!

For the ones that have received monies CONGRATS!!!

For the ones that have not keep your chin up!!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X