Rhode Island Grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhode Island Grants

I've been bouncing around the various states to see what grants have been given out for this year, and I noticed something strange.

"Newport Fire Department" received a grant in the first round for $78,188 for fire prevention.

"Newport Fire Dept." received a grant in the second round for $78,188 for fire prevention.

This seems a little odd to me. Are these the two the same department? If so, how can they apply for two grants? Did they try to slip two grants in, hoping that one would one make the cut?

Webteam, could you shed a little light on this?
    Last edited by farmun751; 06-20-2003, 10:36 AM.
    Grant me the strength to change things I can, accept what I can't, and to know the difference.

I'd bet that's a typo by someone at Firehouse.

In the fy03total.xls Excel Spreadsheet from FEMA, and on USFA's web site, Newport FD is only listed once for an award, and spelled properly in both cases. There's no winning twice in the same year. There's no way to get that through. There's so many checks and balances to keep that from happening.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Did ya notice that Florida had no awards in the second round? I foound that kinda weird, not unbelievable, but weird.

Comment

There are many states that haven't received an award yet. Maybe that's why the Rhode Island thing caught my eye so easily. I guess I just jumped the gun on thinking that maybe, just maybe, a guvment worker made a mistake

Good Luck to all, and the games begin !!!!
        Grant me the strength to change things I can, accept what I can't, and to know the difference.

Comment

I think if you take a close look at the second round spreadsheet from FEMA you will find that it contains ALL of the grants issued in the first and second rounds and not just the second round.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X