X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC79er
    replied
    j probably got the same email that I just did that says:

FEMA and the USFA expect to announce grants weekly, and will obligate more than 7,000 grants as part of this year's funding by September 2004. The total of all awards, when completed, will represent a $750 million investment to enhance fire and EMS service delivery nationwide.
    I already know that they're reviewing apps constantly, what remains to be seen is how often they get enough together to put out announcements. I'd say every other week would be a safe bet. They are a govt agency which means "overworked & understaffed".

Leave a comment:

• tmnkwd
    replied
    During our debriefing at the National Fire Academy following the final week of peer review, I understood the FEMA folks to say that the “Rounds” were a creation outside of their department.

FEMA is processing the applications and completing them on an every Friday basis. The issue of “Rounds” has been one of other government agencies. Nonetheless, whoever it is that deals out the “Rounds” might take another four weeks or so to get them together. The peer review finished May 8th and it took until last week for Uncle Sam to get the first postings out.

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    According to what FEMA's been putting out, they hope to award a round every week until they're done.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    2-3 weeks between rounds has been the norm, but it depends on how many they do per round. As the average goes, Round 1 this year was light on the number of awards and the dollar amount. Nearly every round last year with the exception of the last one, was over $30 million I think. Round 1 only totaled $13 million over 219 departments so they've got a long way to go. They have to step it up to get done by next June 'cause they won't make it at this rate.

Leave a comment:

• chief311
    started a topic Second round grant money

Second round grant money

Does anyone know when the second round of money will be awarded?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X