Notification Clarification.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification Clarification.....

Just because a lot of people have been asking me offline about the timing of the 6 question emails/phone calls and the 1199A link, I decided to find a method to the madness so that my Inbox stops filling up with the same thing that everyone wants to know, that I didn't have an answer for. Until now.

I dug through some documentation from last year and emailed a little helper at FEMA that guided me through the murky waters of last year's award. The questions I asked were: What is the current status of the notifications? Are they proceeding round by round or did all 7000 go out already?

The answer: FEMA is still reviewing applications and scores received back from the peer review and they are still organizing them. Those that have received the questions and 1199A link are set to be awarded first. My own speculation is that these folks basically nailed their applications, probably on the order of 100/100 or 99/100 after all scores were incorporated. I would guess that since everyone that's posted about getting the emails or phone calls got them all last week, that there should be a public announcement soon for Round 1, and another group should be getting the emails and links at the same time or shortly afterwards. In other words, if you haven't gotten anything yet, don't worry, it's running just like last year did, round by round. As they progress, they will have a better idea of what the end dollar amount will be and the Dear John's will come out for those too far out of the running. Those on the thin edge will not be notified until the end to ensure that an incorrect determination is not given. I believe that the emails/phone calls and 1199A links will continue to appear about every 3 weeks until it's all over.

I don't know if this info will help calm anyone down or work them up more, but at least it's an answer.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola