Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC79er
    replied
    I wouldn't sweat it at all. Since both numbers were low, they're not going to make that much of a difference depending on how mutual aid was requested in the narrative. If your request was for some specialty piece (tanker, aerial, rescue, cascade, etc) and you didn't have many mutual aid runs, but pledged to send out the piece for mutual aid, then it doesn't matter what the numbers are. They're really just looking for willingness to mutual aid, rather than the statistical existence of it.

But yes, like the others said no matter what the "damage" is done. I just don't personally think there will be any damage. Good luck and hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• jbrandy
    replied
    I think the point with the mutual aid questions is to see if the proposed grant will affect a larger area than just your first due. The more interaction with other companies the better. Some companies have a small first due but supply a special service to a much larger area. Our Aerial covers about four times the area that our engine does. I would think giving aid would more positively impact your application, but receiving it shows teamwork with other companies. Don't stress out. I know I was kicking myself for not including a fire death on last year's application. I had forgotten it because it was the result of possible criminal activity, not purely accidental. Goodluck
    Last edited by jbrandy; 06-06-2003, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TriTownship600
    replied
    Forget about it

Adze is correct in saying it is already over. I certainly hope mutual aid numbers do not have that much influence. What about departments that are in the middle of nowhere?

Leave a comment:

• Adze39
    replied
    Re: Statistical mistake on grant application

I'm willing to bet the damage is already done.

They've already done the computer grading and they have already done peer reviews.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    started a topic Statistical mistake on grant application

Statistical mistake on grant application

Okay I went back to the application site today to reread my grant application. If for no other reason than to reassure myself that I hadn't missed anything. Well, there it was staring me in the face I messed up the mutual aid given and mutual received numbers and transposed them to make it appear that we received more mutual aid than we gave. It is in fact quite to the contrary. We did not recieve mutual aid one time last year but gave it several times. Is this something I should send an e-mail to make a correction over or is it inconsequential at this point? Help me out here folks...this is driving me crazy!!

Thanks for your help,

FyredUp

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X