Peer Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sta8ffbarbie View Post
    On the old portal you could view an 1199A and know if you saw that years application number you had a chance at an award. Any early indicators on the FEMA GO portal?
    Yes. Log in, click on "view application", and see if there is anything in the "Federal funds awarded" line.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone have any update on where AFG is in the process? How about
      any information on when awards will begin?
      BB

Comment

Last I heard was that they are working out kinks with GO. Should be coming very soon.

Comment

Has anyone heard any updates? Thanks!

Comment

Just talked to Help Desk about another issue and asked about this, they're hoping its "soon"

Comment

This was a response I got about the status as of today:
              "We are currently busy with the final stage of reviewing applications. My understanding is that we hope to start doing rollout awards mid-summer."

Comment

according to my regional rep......."....finalizing review......awards very soon.....within 2 or 3 weeks". He said they want to get 2021 program out in late summer.

Comment

Howdy all,

Just received the odd-est email from FEMA. Subject line reads "Action Required: FEMA AFG Grant EHP Form Required"

The message starts out with "You are receiving this message because you have not yet submitted your ENVIRONMENTAL AND HISTORIC PRESERVATION SCREENING FORM (EHP) for your 2018 AFG award. Failure to submit the EHP form would cause a payment denial for this grant, and possibly affect your future AFG applications during the Post Panel Review stage of the scoring process."

I think it's odd as our 2018 grant was for hose and would have no impact on the environment...and of course I've already spent down the grant money.

Question # 1 - Has anyone else received this email? Either today or in the past?

Question # 2 - Do you think this is legit or just a mistake?

Question # 3 - Could this be an indicator of a potential AFG award for 2020?
                  (pleas, oh please, oh please...)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, speculations and what-not!

JB

Comment

#1: I never have, nor have any of my clients (to my knowledge). A few weeks ago, we did have a couple who were asked for clarifications on their quantities of PPE for their 2020 apps, but nothing on EHP.

#2: Probably a mistake. I figure they are wrapping up loose ends on some who did require the EHP and got you by mistake.

#3: Eh, maybe. Some staffer may have seen there was no EHP in 2018 while running a checklist on your previous awards to verify your eligibility for a new one. He/she may have sent the email without determining whether it was required.

As far as your 2018 award, if it's been closed out per FEMA, I can't imagine any problem. I can't imagine any AFG projects would require EHP forms other than those with station modification activities.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The EHP Review is an actual thing. Sometimes it is sent out during Tech Review other times it is requested after the actual award. It can vary. if sent after the award is received, they will not release your funds till it is completed and approved.

Comment

Originally posted by CordovaFire View Post
                        The EHP Review is an actual thing. Sometimes it is sent out during Tech Review other times it is requested after the actual award. It can vary. if sent after the award is received, they will not release your funds till it is completed and approved.
                        What's so weird is that he's getting it for a 2018 grant.
                        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What is your 2020 application for? I have already received over a dozen EHP indicators for 2020 applications.

I understand the 2018 discrepancy; the 2020 EHP e-mails do not have the same language. Was hose the only item included?

Comment

If we applied for a 2020 AFG that will require an EHP (cascade system) should we have already received a request for an EHP if our application did well? Or is it still too early?

Comment

Still early.

Comment

Agreed - very weird as the email received is for our 2018 grant - we purchased hose, hydrant gate valves, and some intake valves for our engine. 2018 still isn't closed out as the closeout module isn't available in the FEMA GO portal.

Our 2020 grant was for SCBA (bottles and packs), again something that (in my opinion) wouldn't require an EHP review as we're not building anything.

I wrote back to the AFG rep looking for clarification. I'll share what I find out.

In the meantime, I wish you all luck with your grants and a safe/happy upcoming season or normality. Our dept is excited to be hosting our Memorial Day parade this year...one step closer to normal.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X