Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 SCBA AFG Grant Request Question

Hello,

I have written a few successful grants including an AFG Safer. This is my first time writing a regional SCBA grant and I have two questions.

1: If all of our SCBA's are 2002 NFPA models and older would we list these under obsolete/non-compliant even though they are functional? The cylinders can no longer be hydro tested because of age.

2: If I have 45 SCBA's under current inventory and are requesting 60 SCBA's for our 64 seated riding positions do I put 60 under the SCBA being replaced section? Or do I put 45 and then do another requested line item under increase supply for new hires or increase supply for allocated seat positions and request 15 under that?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Last edited by Siskiyouchief; 01-31-2021, 02:25 PM.

1. If the cylinders cannot be hydrotested, they are unsafe. That makes them obsolete / non-compliant
    2. Replaced means replaced. New means new. You will have to justify each category in the request (45 replacement and 15 additional)

Comment

Originally posted by HuntPA View Post
      1. If the cylinders cannot be hydrotested, they are unsafe. That makes them obsolete / non-compliant
      Unsafe and inoperable are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post

Unsafe and inoperable are two different things.
        So by that logic, when is it okay to pick the unusable/unrepairable option?

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman1325 View Post

So by that logic, when is it okay to pick the unusable/unrepairable option?
          When your SCBA are inoperable or not working. FEMA has been pretty clear in all of the presentation what inoperable means (not that it should be difficult to understand).

To NOFO clearly states: "Applies to PPE-Turnout Gear that is no longer usable because it is broken and/or damaged beyond repair."

There have been posts here from departments who selected this option and were contacted to confirm and offer validation their units were broken, otherwise were subsequently not funded.

Comment

Proof-reading my AFG proposal once more before I hit Submit....and then I had a question. Hoping someone might answer before 5pm EST today

So I've got SCBA quotes from vendors, and the quotes are higher than what I intend to ask for in my AFG proposal. Our dept budget has enough money to cover this difference, so should I include that somewhere in the application? If so, where: Financial Need or Cost Benefit?

As always, thanks for any advice and good luck to everyone!

Skojo

Comment

We were awarded $7000 per unit in the past 6 months. Draeger and MSA had money left over. Scott couldn't get to that level even after stripping their units bare.

45 minute, 4500psi with built in comms.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X