Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing Grant Application on FEMA GO Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Grant Application on FEMA GO Site?

Noticed a couple of things about the new format, where the application is under FEMA GO instead of AFG:

A) The site auto-saves your application as you go, and you don't save it manually. That's nerve racking, as I just don't trust an auto-save function after putting so much effort into a grant application. Of course the narratives I'll do on MS Word and cut and paste, but the rest of that info...and

2) Knowing this, I set out to print a hard copy of my application after entering a bunch of info, but there's no PRINT option like in the old format. Only option is to right click off the computer's dialogue box and print that way, and when I do the YES and NO buttons that are filled out on the screen don't print on the hard copy but instead are left blank. I'm really worried that when the application is submitted to AFG, that those yes no questions will not be filled out on the electronic version I'm submitting.

C) Printing the application with a right click, I found that the narrative box doesn't expand so I can see how the entire narrative presents to the reader. If the box for the narrative is big enough for say, five lines of text, that's all that prints out. Now all of us write our narratives in MS Word and cut and paste them to the grant application, but I'd really like to see how that narrative presents in its entirety to the reader.

Called the FEMO GO Help Line and was basically told, tough break, that's how it is this year and just submit and hope for the best. Not sure why FEMA GO would remove the PDF print option and put out this product.

Hate to tell you, but you won't be any happier when you see the final product after its submitted. The system removes all the extra spacing you may put in your narrative sections - no separations between paragraphs and bullet-style lists (with or without the actual bullets) will show all run together without any line breaks. For those of us that care what our formatting looks like in what we submit, it's frustrating. I have no idea how it looks for panel reviewers, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it looks like the mess we can see and print out AFTER submission.

Comment

Originally posted by grits1973 View Post
      For those of us that care what our formatting looks like in what we submit, it's frustrating.
      Totally feel you there. Only positive thing is that the formatting sucks equally across the board - so my formatting is just as awful as yours! Extra Tylonol for the reviewers is probably helpful.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X