Radio Grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Grant

I wrote and was successful ten years ago in getting p-25 radios for my department. Those radios are now at the end of their life cycle, will be obsolete, and I have been tasked to write another grant. I can't remember if the number of radios purchased is related to the number of seats in the response vehicles. I checked the guide and did not find any specific information. I do remember it clearly when I wrote an SCBA grant. Maybe I am confusing them. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks for the help.

Portables are like SCBA, 1 per seat on pumpers, aerials, and rescues (any type) with a minimum of 4 per apparatus. All other vehicles get 1 portable. It's also a minimum of 12 portables per department, same as SCBA since that's the only way you can comply with 2in/2out and proper NIMS/ICS. So even if you have 1 2-seat pumper and a brush truck, you still get 12 portables do put wherever you can fit them. Also, for those that don't have a command vehicle assigned to the Chief you can request 1 mobile and 1 portable for the Chief's POV, but just the Chief, not Assistants, Deputies, or Battalions.
    If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

That's what I thought thanks.

Comment

EMT6126 - To clarify your reply above - If a request contains radios for seated positions in engines, aerials, rescue and 1 Chief vehicle, can it also include battalion chief, fire prevention and other operations support vehicles at 1 mobile and or 1 portable for each?

Comment

If you are seeking funding for portables, should you also include replacement mobile radios as well? Does it raise any kind of flags if you only ask for one and not the other?

Comment

To Tony G. I would not get to greedy. I would include Battalion or chief's vehicles. Utilities would be a no in my book. FP cars, maybe ask for a couple. Get what you need, and not necessarily what you want. Asking for too much could jeopardize your entire grant.

Comment

Originally posted by FD70 SS View Post
              If you are seeking funding for portables, should you also include replacement mobile radios as well? Does it raise any kind of flags if you only ask for one and not the other?
              I think that asking for mobile radios one per emergency vehicle would be acceptable. Again, be careful about being too greedy. Does your FP need mobile radios. Probably not. Ask for what you need. Don't jeopardize your project by asking for too much.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyG#26 View Post
                EMT6126 - To clarify your reply above - If a request contains radios for seated positions in engines, aerials, rescue and 1 Chief vehicle, can it also include battalion chief, fire prevention and other operations support vehicles at 1 mobile and or 1 portable for each?
                No, chief only
                If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X