2019 DJ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 DJ's

The DJ's are being sent out for the 2019 AFG. Just received ours 20 minutes ago.

Just got ours about an hour ago. I knew it was a going to be tough since I had not written for AFG in a few years. Still don't know why they make you wait so long to find out though. Especially if it did not even make peer review.
    W J Vaughn

It is what you learn AFTER you know it all that matters

Comment

Did anyone notice an increase in the number of applications that didnt make it to peer review?

Comment

In regard to a PPE application:

Let me preface this entry with - I am not looking for anyone's winning narrative. I wrote a narrative that I believe covered all of the required information. But, it didn't make it to Peer Review. I rechecked my entries and did not see any obvious issues with what was requested.

A friend said that he heard that PPE applications did not get a lot of awards this year. Has anyone else heard that? For the guys that do a lot of applications - did you receive awards for PPE?

Comment

My FEMA rep stated that a big issue this year was call volume. I submitted a regional PPE grant for structural gear and an individual PPE grant for vests, signs, and some other traffic related PPE. The rep told me that the issue with both grants was call volume. Evidently there were some departments and regional applications this year that included very large call volumes.

As I was told, unless I can find more calls, it will be difficult. She also said that every year call volume thresholds change based on who is applying, so you never know. She told me to submit again with updated numbers as everything looked good.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X