Need advice on pumper-tanker awarded by AFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on pumper-tanker awarded by AFG

Wanted to get advice from the experts here before i call our FEMA rep. Back in 2011 our department was fortunate enough to be awarded a brush truck and a pumper-tanker in the same year from AFG. Brush truck is extremely reliable on a F550 chassis and runs 5-10 calls a week. The tanker is on an International 4900 chassis and was built during that 'what do we for emissions' period and runs 1-2 calls a week. We have had constant issues with the emission system shutting the truck down and frequently have to tow it 75 miles to our closest International dealer. Does anyone here think we could sell the truck and replace with a different chassis with the same capability as the original vehicle? I think if the International went to a department that could drive it more frequently it would be a good truck for someone. We have attempted to drive if more frequently but this gets old year after year. Please let me know your thoughts. . .

Chiefb1:

We have four Navistar 4X4 UIE (2005, 2007, 2011, 2015). Three 7400 and one 7500 with the 9 liter diesel. We have not had any problems with any of them as it relates to emissions. My understanding is that the ECM on fire apparatus is programmed to NOT shutdown or diminish power due to emissions, only to display warnings and buzzers. This is done by Navistar prior to delivery. You do not say who the body manufacturer was. It it possible that the ECM was not programmed as a fire apparatus. Possibly the chassis was not purchased as a fire apparatus chassis. Was the body manufacturer one of the major players or a regional manufacturer ?

Other than that, we may run any of the four engines 1-3 times a month and have never had such a problem. What does the Navistar dealer say is the problem, and what the solution might be? I emphasize with you and your problem, but I had not heard of similar problems on an on going basis.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X