Regional PPE Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional PPE Request

I have a number of departments who are all in need of some type of turnout gear components or complete sets with more to be expected next year. I have decided to propose a regional grant to them to meet all of their needs. I have two questions regarding this:

1) How successful is this approach?

2) How much can I reasonably expected to be funded per set, piece, etc.? Can I ask for full amounts or should I reduce it by 10-15%? I know that once I have cash in hand vendors will adjust accordingly but I’m curious to see how others have done with this approach.

Regional grants are viewed favorably as it includes 2 or more departments. That will fund a lot of FFs and AFG likes that.
    AFG knows prices have increased and a good funding amount that I got last year was $2900-3200. Jeff
    If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

Originally posted by EMT6126 View Post
      Regional grants are viewed favorably as it includes 2 or more departments. That will fund a lot of FFs and AFG likes that.
      AFG knows prices have increased and a good funding amount that I got last year was $2900-3200. Jeff
      Good deal, that’s enough for me to move forward on starting it. I like those prices as well, I haven’t even begun to spec it out yet

Comment

Originally posted by FF2510 View Post
        I have a number of departments who are all in need of some type of turnout gear components or complete sets with more to be expected next year. I have decided to propose a regional grant to them to meet all of their needs. I have two questions regarding this:

1) How successful is this approach?

2) How much can I reasonably expected to be funded per set, piece, etc.? Can I ask for full amounts or should I reduce it by 10-15%? I know that once I have cash in hand vendors will adjust accordingly but I’m curious to see how others have done with this approach.
        As 6126 said, regional apps do well. Our county was funded for some PPE this way a few years ago.

Ask for the full amount. Do not take any chances on NOT being able to strike a deal.

Make sure that you are only replacing items that are out of compliance--10 years old or more. Each department will have to invest some time in piecing the gear if they haven't always bought everything as full sets. For example, if I got all new from head to toe 8 years ago but then got a 12-year-old hand-me-down white helmet after being promoted, only my helmet would be eligible.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X