Awarded after purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awarded after purchase

Question for you guys. We have applied for an apparatus grant for the past few years. We know it's a stretch to get an engine. We need to make a purchase in the pretty near future. What happens if you purchase an apparatus and you happen to get an award after you submit a purchase order?
    This space for rent

In the past FEMA has make it quite clear that you are not allowed to spend any money prior to being awarded a grant and receiving the contract agreement with FEMA. Thus if awarded a grant you could loose it. The only exception is any fee you pay to a grant writer. I suppose you could ask for a waiver from your Regional FEMA Manager, but I doubt that it would be approved. My guess is that if you can afford to purchase apparatus before the award of a grant, FEMA may wonder why you applied for a grant in the first place.

If you are in need of an apparatus, you may want to arrange a loaner (lease) of a used apparatus until you hear one way or the other. If you don't get the grant, you may want to look into a lease purchase. The Fed's give lenders a tax brake for loans to municipalities (Special District's, etc.) so you can get a 5-10 year lease purchase for around 2 1/2 - 3 %. With the price of apparatus going up 3-5% per year, a low interest lease purchase is a no brainier.

This is just my personal opinion. Good luck with your grant request.

Comment

That pretty well covers it. Bear in mind that if you go ahead and purchase an apparatus, you will be required to show it on your fleet inventory with your new application. That will kick you out on computer scoring before a human ever gets a chance to read your narrative, so no matter how compelling it may be, it will never be seen.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X