Covid-19 funding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 funding

APPLICATION PERIOD OPENS NEXT WEEK FOR $100MILLIONin Assistance to Firefighters
    Grant- COVID-19 SupplementalProgram*

*The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is available for $100 million in funding
    for the Fiscal Year 2020 Assistance to Firefighters Grant COVID-19 Supplemental
    Program (AFG-S) to help provide personal protective equipment to firefighters and
    first responders who are managing emergencies during the Coronavirus pandemic.*

FEMA will begin acceptingAFG-S applications at 8 a.m. ET on Tuesday April 28,
    2020.The application period will close at 5 p.m. ET on Friday, May 15, 2020, so
    start planning your application now by reviewing the NOFO and technical assistance
    tools below. These tools were produced to help potential applicants begin to plan
    theirAFG-S applications ahead of the application period. These documents can be
    viewed on the AFGP website atFY 2020 AFG-S COVID-19 Guidance Documents [
    If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

I think one of the challenges here is pricing and availability of some of this PPE/equipment. My first issue is how do I request something (N95's for example) that I know can't be found? What do you base your pricing on? Inflated and unrealistic current pricing or normal pricing? Even if I find PPE and request a particular dollar figure that is likely to change dramatically or the vendor I found it from will no longer have it when the time comes. I think it would have been better if there was standard costs for some of this equipment and you either make up the difference or deal with a surplus in place of a match.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfd2940 View Post
      I think one of the challenges here is pricing and availability of some of this PPE/equipment. My first issue is how do I request something (N95's for example) that I know can't be found? What do you base your pricing on? Inflated and unrealistic current pricing or normal pricing? Even if I find PPE and request a particular dollar figure that is likely to change dramatically or the vendor I found it from will no longer have it when the time comes. I think it would have been better if there was standard costs for some of this equipment and you either make up the difference or deal with a surplus in place of a match.
      Well, seeing as the grant priority is to pay for purchases you have already made, I don't see an issue. With this little bit of money, I don't think they will get to the lower priority requests.

IMHO, YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post

Well, seeing as the grant priority is to pay for purchases you have already made, I don't see an issue. With this little bit of money, I don't think they will get to the lower priority requests.

IMHO, YMMV
        Well, I did end up submitting a grant application anyway. The application was for 100% new purchases. We are being awarded this Friday so the theory regarding the guidance giving priority to purchases that were already made doesn't seem to be the case completely. Now, I did request many items that were reusable instead of disposable, but we did have a mix of both.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X