Timeline for Amendment Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline for Amendment Requests

I'm just curious to know if anyone else has experienced 2+ month lag times on an amendment request. I have a 2017 micro-grant that finished with a small remaining balance so we requested an amendment for a 6-week extension of the POP in order to spend the balance. That was back in mid-Jan., and I keep getting the run-around every time I request a status update. I've never had an amendment request sit out there so long. I know staff were swamped getting the AFG out through GO and now things are worse dealing with the virus, but is this the new norm? I've had amendments on other grants for change of scope, extensions, etc. this year get turned around in a few weeks max.

Have you contacted the Help Desk? It is likely that your request got "stuck" in the system -- it has happened to me in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
      Have you contacted the Help Desk? It is likely that your request got "stuck" in the system -- it has happened to me in the past.
      I would have chalked it up to that, but I've had phone conversations and email exchanges (with the same person) telling me it's still "pending." That just doesn't seem reasonable, so I wondered if anyone else was experiencing that before I raised a fuss.

Comment

I have spoken to the Region V Office a few times on pending amendment requests and i have been told that the FEMA GO is not currently set up to process amendment requests, with no timeline when it will be able to be processed.

Comment

Originally posted by mikek3112 View Post
          I have spoken to the Region V Office a few times on pending amendment requests and i have been told that the FEMA GO is not currently set up to process amendment requests, with no timeline when it will be able to be processed.
          Mikek3112, actually I’ve had 2 amendments processed through GO so far for a 2018 SAFER grant. The problem I’m having is an amendment on a 2017 AFG through the old e-grants system. And, yes, the old system does still work for managing open grants that were originally awarded in that system. Today actually marks 3 MONTHS since the amendment was submitted, and the program officer continues to advise me it is “pending.” There’s really no reasonable explanation for it.

Comment

Just to add, I've been waiting on an amendment for our FY2018 AFG grant. Took a few emails and some social media prodding, but I did get a call back last week from our regional FEMA office. With FEMA GO's amendment module not working, I had to email them our amendment request. The FEMA rep said they would take my info and put into a FEMA form which would then need higher-up approval. No timeline provided, but it is forward progress for us.

Comment

I started this thread over 3 months ago and still have NO progress on a 2017 AFG amendment request from January. Now, I also have another department with a 2017 AFG amendment request that's been sitting since late March. I have emailed and spoken with my regional rep numerous times, and I've sat on hold with the Help Desk for an hour and been transferred to other people with still no resolution. I am told my amendments are still pending and require a higher review. I would think FEMA would want to get these 2017 grants that are still open in the old e-grants system finished and closed out. What am I missing or what am I not doing that I should be?

Comment

Funny, or perhaps not depending on how you look at it, but I was just talking with my grants rep out of DC two days ago and I was told to file an amendment through the FEMA go portal for my 2018 grant amendment. So I did. Now let’s see how long it takes. Good luck to everyone in the similar situation

Comment

I submitted an extension amendment request at the end of April. It was finally approved last week, after reaching out to my regional AFG rep. She said that there was a "massive change in staff at HQ" and that our request probably got missed.

On a positive note, I submitted an amendment request for another grant on Monday and it was approved today. Hopefully they're getting back on track. Although it sounds like they're still plagued with IT issues. I can't request funds if there's a "pending" amendment, and the system isn't capable of changing the status to "approved"--still shows "pending". So they gave written email approval and I have to withdraw the request to fool the system, then proceed as normal. Remember when we used to think the old portal was cumbersome?!?!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X